cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer fed up

mrandmrsbrooke

new customer fed up

joined up on the 30th april 2010 paid online,still waiting to be connected to home phone and broadband, phone line was meant to be complete today 12/5/2010 openreach has not been and the line is still not active, plus the lack of communication is poor as in non-existent,not one email or phone call or text explaining the delay, all we get told on the phone when we ring is, it should be complete by the 12th ,well the 12th is soon up, the tracker site is useless aswell, its been checking our details for a week solid now, id quite like some fingers pulled out some holes
18 REPLIES 18
torbayguy
Grafter

Re: new customer fed up

I had exactly the same problem mate.
When I was eventually connected, they forgot the broadband.
When the broadband was connected it was dsl not adsl2+.
When that was sorted, they took extra payments from my account for no reason and without my permission.
My broadband is incredibly slow.
The staff have lied to me, and been increasingly rude.
These are just a few of the many many problems I have faced in just 2 months as a customer.
I have now signed up with o2 and am migrating next week.
If I were you mate Id jump ship before they connect you.
Plusnet are awful.
mrandmrsbrooke

im struggling to imagined getting hooked up at all pal, had our money and nothing has been done yet, i live about 400 yeards from the bt penreach exchange, everytime i ring PN blame it on them saying they are behind with work, quite frankly i dont believe them after all the bad comments i have seen here
torbayguy
Grafter

Thats what they always say to me, its always BT's fault or a computer glitch.... never user error!!
I really have never known a company like PN mate, and I have used a few..
Thank god o2 do phone lines now!
mrandmrsbrooke

o2 told us they didnt do phone lines lol how much is there connection fee? were both o2 contract customers, i just dont think anyone wants to provide isp to us lol
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Seems like your off to a bad start but as a customer can i just say ive nothing but praises for plusnet all round, Few minor problems and have ironed themselves out nicely, Plusnet staff on this forum are all very friendly and im sure if you stick with it a member of the team will pick this thread up in the morning.
B.T. on the other hand has a role to play in this and i dont like them very much. I hope you get this sorted out sooner rather than later.
Steve.
P.s 02 has only recently  started doing phone lines, When did 02 tell you they didnt do it? And to quote a forum moderator from another post
A word of advice - don't under any circumstances go to O2 non LLU as the throttling is appalling
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there mrandmrsbrooke,
Your order is showing as completed yesterday afternoon, do you still not have a dial tone?
mrandmrsbrooke

02 told us about 2 months back now, said we needed bt line and that was £125 only,thanks mand had no dail tone at all and none in test sockets either, just spoke to a advisor and he has just done a line test and said its a fault at bt exchange end,should take 24 hours as a phone line is a life saver i think he said? we keep you posted thanks
Mand
Grafter

Yeah, exchange wide faults tend to get fixed very quickly.
mrandmrsbrooke

hi mand, recieved a text about ten minutes ago saying it was fixed and active, tried 3 phones again in all sockets including test socket, and still no dial tone Sad
torbayguy
Grafter

O2 only started providiny phonelines last week.
There prices are slightly cheaper than Plusnet, but the customer service is a world away.
I have a great deal for phoneline and broadband pro.
Steve M says about o2 broadband throttling, cant be half as bad as Plusnet Im sure!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Depends what package your on TBH PN offer a package with no throttling whatsoever Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
torbayguy
Grafter

Apparantly my account isnt throttled, yet my broadband is painfully slow!
Oh, silly me, its BT's fault isn't Plusnet?!
mrandmrsbrooke

>:(really am fed up with the service now, we have a phone number and can ring it off my mobileand the it rings  so obviously not the exchange but  put the phone in socket and zilch, nothing wrong now with the line now apparently and now they want the money  for line rental and first months internet
gswindale
Grafter

Looks like you may need an engineer - if the number is ringing when you call it, then it is obviously active; however there is a serious issue if you cannot get a dial tone from the house.
Could be a faulty connection in the main socket, as I know that if you turn all phones off/disconnect them, the number still rings, but obviously you cannot connect.