cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my experience

fishchris

my experience

1st my situation
i was with bt for my phone on a low user tariff  as i rarely use my home phone - but they have now abandoned this service
i was with virgin for my broadband - i was on 2gb but they have forced me to move upto the 10gb service at an extra cost - even though i struggle to get 4gb speeds
so at the end of the bt low user tarriff i decided to look for a new solution
virgin's solution included TV which i didn't want so after searching on the net i looked at plusnet which seemed to offer the lowest price - i used the live chat system on their site and was so impressed with the speed and helpfulness of the replies that i decided to give plusnet a try
so i signed up
my adsl router was delivered a few days later to my workplace - all correct !!  Smiley
my broadband was active in advance of the quoted date !! Smiley
connection went smoothly and modem/router worked !!  Cheesy
quoted speed was upto 5mb and i seem to be getting 4.6+ so surprised and pleased !!  Cheesy Cheesy
i then was charged for an extra month  Sad
but then without me making a complaint i have been credited for this amount !!  Grin
i am waiting for my phone to be changed over to plusnet (quoted as 2nd march) - it is obviously in process as i've had a letter from BT saying that they've had a request to transfer my line !!  Smiley
so far so good  Cheesy
if all goes well (as so far it has) i will have phone line and broadband at less money than i was paying for broadband only from virgin and at slightly better speeds and with some free calls !!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
only downside is that i will have to try to get virgin to end my contract - according to them no problem ! - but have you had dealings with them !!! Cry
anyway in summary so far i am delighted with the plusnet service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: my experience

welcome to the forum fishchris, glad it's started out well... hope it continues Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to have you on board, please let us know if there's anything we can do. With regard to the home phone, I'm happy to report that the service has now gone active Smiley
craigyoung
Grafter

Glad everything is good for you. 
Please note, however, you have exceeded your monthly usage allowance of smilies.  You can buy them in packs of 10 for £1.99.  Alternatively, you can wait until your next billing period starts at which point you will be given another 20.  If you feel you need more on a regular basis, why not upgrade to Plusnet Pro Smiley where they are unlimited?
Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well nearly, he did over do it by one on the last line,
this is only one by the way