cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Plusnet story .... so far!

jtemplar
Dabbler

my Plusnet story .... so far!

Hi and thanks to everyone who posts on this forum as I find it useful to see how others are fairing with their Plusnet experience.
I have followed Plusnet's development over the years and always been impressed with reviews by their users and coverage in the press and online, so when my O2 Home Broadband contract came up for renewal and there was no sign of FTTC from them I started to look seriously at other providers including BT, Sky and Plusnet.
I had considered BT previously but the price was always a sticking point for me so when I saw the new half price for six months offer, on an already improved price point, for unlimited fibre Internet together with the prospect of cashback from Quidco I decided to move.
I placed my Plusnet order, via Quidco, on Tuesday 8th January which turned out to be a day Plusnet were having problems with their website and routing problems across the network and other associated issues. Not the best day to join!  Huh
Nevertheless, I got a swift confirmation of my order followed by emails and SMS confirming I would be joining Plusnet with fibre broadband on 1st Feb and my telephone line would transfer 11 working days later.
I noticed my order did not appear as tracked on Quidco so checked on here and HotUKDeals and discovered others had tracked but some hadn't. Given my fastidious approach to clearing cookies every time I close my browser and only following links via Quidco I was tempted to cancel my order and start again as the cashback was an important element for me, however on checking with Quidco I saw all my visits to Plusnet were recorded so decided to just lodge a claim.
My install date was Friday 1st Feb and I duly received the Plusnet modem a couple of days prior to the install. On my 'Fibre Friday' the BT Openworld engineer arrived on time and did his thing however informed me there was a problem with the BT cabinet which would have to be sorted before I would get any fibre connection. I immediately opened a question on the Plusnet support section to let them know and passed-on a reference number given to me by the BTO guy.
I got no response to my ticket over the weekend so on Monday morning posted asking Plusnet's Twitter team to take a look; they replied and my question then got updated saying they were forwarding my ticket to the provisioning department to be addressed.
I was told there should be news within 24 hrs. There wasn't.
I reposted on Twitter asking for an update and they got a new member of staff to 'take ownership' and update my ticket, and on Wednesday 6 Feb I was told "there was an issue with your Fibre cabinet when the engineer tried to install on 01/02. Our suppliers have assured me this has now been rectified and we will be able to get another appointment assigned for you within 24 hours".
2nd BTO engineer arrived to complete install on Friday 8 Feb and to my delight I got my fibre access.  Smiley
Having followed the many posts here, and elsewhere, about customers being put on the wrong profile I checked with the BTO guy and did a BTW speedtest which confirmed I was on 40/10 rather than 80/20, so I asked PN to change my profile.
On Monday 11 Feb my support ticket was updated apologising for "accidentally put it onto the 40/10 product" and also that PN's suppliers had advised that "the order hasn't been completed as they advised. They have advised this is due to an issue with the system, which they are sending to a backend team to clear and the order should complete within 24 hours." Once this cleared a 'a modify order' would be placed to correct the profile.
24 hrs later on Wednesday 13 Feb my phone line went dead and I lost all Internet connection.  Angry
I was told this was due to O2 ceasing my phone line and an order had now been placed to start my line with PN which would take 24hrs.
24hrs later and still no phone line I again contacted PN who arranged for a 3rd BTO engineer visit on Friday 15 Feb.
My 3rd 'Fibre Friday' duly arrived and so did the BTO guy, (I'm starting to run-out of biscuits now  Grin )
Phone line and Internet connected, and after a reboot of BT modem was finally getting fast 80/20 fibre connection. Hurrah!  Cool
So, 38 days after placing order, and three visits by BTO, 48 hrs without telephone or Internet I now have my Plusnet fibre broadband working.
Now all I need is for the Quidco claim to be approved and all should be well. Fingers crossed.
john
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: my Plusnet story .... so far!

Hi there,
That's quite a story, really glad all is up and working now for you.
Regarding the quidco cashback, have you heard back regarding your claim? Let us know when you do (as soon as it's showing as tracked) and we'll chase it up to make sure it gets authorised for you.
jtemplar
Dabbler

Re: my Plusnet story .... so far!

Quote from: Matt
Regarding the quidco cashback, have you heard back regarding your claim? Let us know when you do (as soon as it's showing as tracked) and we'll chase it up to make sure it gets authorised for you.

I raised a claim with Quidco on 11 January as the order did not track, however all my visits to PN website were visible on the Quidco site as they show you them when submitting the claim.
Quidco have subsequently said "A claim with plusnet can take up to 4 months for confirmation of cashback" Source: https://twitter.com/quidco/status/301659142471442432