Did you mean: 

multiple migration order failures, despite valid MAC code

disfroot
Rising Star

Re: multiple migration order failures, despite valid MAC code

@Jameseh
Quote from: Jameseh
Hi,
I'm not personally aware of whether or not Openreach were consulted when the previous orders failed.  All I know is that when I called them, they stated that there were no conflicting orders and the migration should work fine.

Just for the record here. My referral has just rung to tell me that the fourth migration attempt expected today has once again failed.
He didn't understand much of what he was told by the PlusNet person who rang him, so any details you can place here
for general public consumption about what exactly the nature of BT's incompatible internal customer systems actually
are and why 'being on the old system' thwarts the Ofcom-mandated MAC procedure would be of great interest.
James
Grafter

<--- Plusnet person that called your referral.
It's a 21C to 20C migration that has issues.
I've escalated it to Team Leader level within BT.  This was one of the two issues I spent over an hour dealing with BT on.  I assure you that I'm doing everything possible to get it up and running.
If you have access to his tickets, it might make a bit more sense.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If he was on 21CN with the old ISP why can't you move him across to the 21CN trial - would that make it simpler?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Probably not. As there would be a realm change along with a change in ISP ownership.
I'm more hopeful now that there is more attention on this order from a BT level, but I'll chase up for some further information today.
disfroot
Rising Star

Quote from: Jameseh
I'm more hopeful now that there is more attention on this order from a BT level, but I'll chase up for some further information today.

no luck, then ?
can you expand on what the 'issues' are ? One odd thing I noticed about his broadband when I did an
M-Labs line test for him and that was, in addition to his poor download speed of 720kbps, the M-Labs
server also indicated upstream speeds of 520-560kbps, i.e. greater than 448kbps. Has BT ever sold such
a domestic product ?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

ADSL2+ (i.e. 21CN) gives faster upload speeds.
disfroot
Rising Star

@Jelv
except that the BT-provided Alcatel Speedtouch 330 USB modem he was using at the time
I did the tests only does ADSL G.DMT
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Was he on Max Premium which gives up to 832kbps?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/faqs_and_guides/max_premium.shtml
It can also be ordered for residential users starting from here: http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20
James
Grafter

Sure - I had an email back from BT yesterday.
Basically, there is something preventing the migration from taking place.  The BBEU asset (21cn) is showing as not being active on BTs systems (although it obviously is), which is preventing the order from completing.  BT have been clearing off an apparent order, which should make it possible for the migration order to be completed.  they're also going to be placing the migration order for me and monitoring it on a daily basis.
The problem with new technology is that problems do occur and I'm sincerely apologetic for the amount of time and hassle that this has taken (personally I don't like having a phone attached to my ear for over an hour either), but I do hope that this is moving in the right direction.
disfroot
Rising Star

@Jameseh
I got a phone call from my referral this morning saying that his broadband had gone off.
I just checked on his PlusNet member centre and it's still showing as an order in progress.
He doesn't know how to change his modem login credentials, so I can't confirm that he
also cannot log in to PlusNet.
So, yes, BT have done something - they have cut off his broadband.
If he is now going to be without broadband for a WEEK, how is this a migration ?
I thought the whole point about the MAC process is that the loss of service is of the order
of an hour or two, not seven days ? This isn't a migration, it's a disconnection and a reconnection.
disfroot
Rising Star

Quote from: jelv
Was he on Max Premium which gives up to 832kbps?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/faqs_and_guides/max_premium.shtml
It can also be ordered for residential users starting from here: http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20

Is that what they call a blatant product placement ? 🙂
No - he is/was/??? on BT Total.
James
Grafter

Arrgghh!
I told them three times not to do that!  I'll get in touch with them now, and try to get the order escalated.  I'm really, really sorry about all of this.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Max Premium is a BT Wholesale option available to all ISP's including BT Retail who supply BT Total - I don't know whether BT Retail offer that option to residential users (it's designed for business users). I just linked as much info as I could.
disfroot
Rising Star

quite right too ! thanks & sorry ! 🙂
Dick:quote
disfroot
Rising Star

@Jameseh
I really appreciate all this effort.  FWIW, he also rang me last night to say that he couldn't access
the BT mail servers, although the BT broadband was still in place. Whether this indicates that they
disconnected him in a number of stages, starting as early as yesterday, or whether this was a problem
for every BT customer, and is not relevant, I can't say.