Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving from BBYW Pro to Plusnet Extra Pro

mlavende
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

moving from BBYW Pro to Plusnet Extra Pro

Hi,
now that my line speeds seem to have been sorted (thanks Jojo!) I thought I'd move from BBYW Pro to Pusnet Extra Pro. I've been through the upgrade option in the member centre to put me onto Plusnet Extra. However I've had nothing to tell me it's worked. Can someone check for me please and also answer these questions:
How do I apply for the Pro addon - it wasn't an option I could do at upgrade time?
I notice a £25 charge. Do I have to pay that as I'm upgrading rather than a new customer?
If I am unhappy with this product can I change back?
Thanks
-Mat
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: moving from BBYW Pro to Plusnet Extra Pro

Account changes are only implemented on your billing date.
On your billing date, when you have been switched to Extra, you will find that the Pro add-on is available to be added.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mlavende
Rising Star

Hi Jelv,
thanks for the reply. I realise the change will only happen on my billing date but thought I might have seen something now to say it was going to happen and my request had been received. Perhaps an email. Currently under the member centre there is nothing that I can see to indicate I am being moved. If I've messed it up somehow then I'll have to wait another month before another attempt will happen.
Also, do you know how long it takes to implement the Pro add on then? Surely that is immediate and doesn't take a month?
Thanks
-Mat
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you look at your closed tickets you should see a service notice like this:
Broadband product change scheduled successfully.
From: PlusNet Broadband Pay as you Go (15GB Special Offer) (Annual Contract, No Modem)
To: Extra
This change will take place on the next billing date, nn-nn-2011

The Pro add-on takes immediate affect.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mlavende
Rising Star

probably being a bit thick but don't know where to find tickets.
I requested the upgrade from the Member Centre>My Account>Accout Summary>Upgrade link. I can see the date on that as being today with an order status of 'complete' but the details refer to my old package as does the 'view order status' link. I suspect it will change on a working day maybe?
Cheers
-Mat
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Click View your questions in the body of the page.
(If necessary) click the Go button to see closed questions in the last 7 days.
If you view each of these you should find one recording the product change request.
At midnight on your billing day, if I remember correctly, another is added as the account change occurs and within the next 30 minutes your PPP session is likely to drop and reconnect as your profile is switched to that for Extra.
Billing reset will occur later on as normal.
You should find the Pro add-on becomes available once the account change is in place. That takes effect immediately but the first month will be billed (pro-rata) in arrears. If you select it on billing date 'pro-rata' is the full amount giving the appearance of double billing.
David
mlavende
Rising Star

Brilliant. Thanks Both. I can see the question and it says it will happen on th enext billing date. Roll on the 18th
-Mat