cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

misleading advert

kjm57

misleading advert

it is very annoying that the website states an offer of £1.99 unlimited  broadband . One part of the website states all offers are open to existing members albeit all the contract may need to start again. BUT when you enquire the offer is only open to new members.
NOT VERY CUSTOMER FRIENDLY 
please either remove the advert - AS I AM TOLD IT IS NOT PLUSNET THAT IS MAKING THE OFFER IN ANY CASE BUT AN AGENT - or put a proviso on the website to make it clear that the offer is NOT open to all.
3 REPLIES 3
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: misleading advert

Link?
eblakeborough
Grafter

Hi kjm57,
The offer is an online only offer for new Plusnet customers. It is made by Plusnet and not by an agent of any sort. I'm sorry if this appears to be communicated badly.
I believe that when you try and go through the sign up process it advises you to contact customer services once you have typed your details in as the system will recognise you as an existing customer.
If you are unhappy with your current package you can contact customer services in the first instance and we can look at your account or alternatively you can contact customer options should you be unhappy with this.
Ed
gnicholson8
Grafter

Quote from: kjm57
it is very annoying that the website states an offer of £1.99 unlimited  broadband . One part of the website states all offers are open to existing members albeit all the contract may need to start again. BUT when you enquire the offer is only open to new members.
NOT VERY CUSTOMER FRIENDLY 
please either remove the advert - AS I AM TOLD IT IS NOT PLUSNET THAT IS MAKING THE OFFER IN ANY CASE BUT AN AGENT - or put a proviso on the website to make it clear that the offer is NOT open to all.

Are you still within your current contract? If you're still within it (ie on a 18 month contract and only 9 months in then of course the new offer will not be available for you.