cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

longest FTTC migration? (over a month and still counting!!!)

vinchu

longest FTTC migration? (over a month and still counting!!!)

so you guys always said how good your customer service is, but that isn't what I have experienced!
plusnet ticket ID: 56814183
22Jun - told you able the move
4Jul - BT Openreach visited, he said the fibre is there, but not enabled.
5th - BT Openreach automatically assigned 18th Jul for the installation, without even letting you know
18Jul - no one other to show up, and you told me that my order was "stuck" on BT Openreach system
Since there I have been promised for updates, provisional date, expedite/cancellation (order by BT Openreach), but NONE of those happened!
I have to ring round almost every day for an update, and ask you guys to ask BT Openreach for updates
The JOKE is that this ticket has been outstanding since 22Jun and today 30 Jul, I have been told that BT Openreach has given you a potential installation date on 15 AUG!!

I must have given the installation dates for at least 3 times, and now you managed to ask me to agree with what you have been given?!
I asked for compensation and you what did was just bring up your Ts&Cs to say that the service is not guarantee, not even show some good will of gesture for anything.
How good you think you are? How hard you have push your supplier for update and fix? How many days you have left this ticket open and still counting?
That is just not good enough.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: longest FTTC migration? (over a month and still counting!!!)

Hi there,
I am sorry for the time this is taking, I assure you we have pushed and are pushing back as hard as we can do. I can see the order is due for review on the 2nd August so we'll have the next update available for you then and will be pushing back once more if there isn't any news or things aren't moving on as they should.
ffox
Pro

You've some way to go yet - it took me over 3 months. Cry
I ordered BT Infinity on3/03/2011. Order after order was rejected for various reasons to do with the MAC: eg invalid, doesn't match up with phone line, MAC not supplied! This continued with a second MAC. BT support admitted that they hadn't a clue what was going on and would phone me back when the situation was resolved. Nothing was heard so a fortnight later I ditched Infinity and placed an order with Plusnet.
Orders started being rejected again, despite obtaining a 3rd MAC, but one of the Plusnet support guys took ownership of the problem. Eventually BTW admitted there was a glitch in their MAC handling procedures. 12 days later they reported that it had been fixed, Plusnet re-ordered FTTC for me and the order was accepted.
The installation eventually took place on 7/06/11!  I  think it would have been much longer if I had stayed with BT instead of changing to Plusnet.
vinchu

colleague is using Zen, and when they have issue with BTOpenreach, they ring at least 3 times a day and pressure them.
I dealt with BTOpenreach for different things as well. I ring everyday for an update, and pressure them.
For Plusnet to left it this way, it is a waste of my time and you guys just led and play by BTopenreach. Simply not on the ball at all!!
James
Grafter

Quote from: vinchu
colleague is using Zen, and when they have issue with BTOpenreach, they ring at least 3 times a day and pressure them.

Hi,
I appreciate that on the outside it may look like this.  Zen's approach is somewhat questionable and will result in 3 agents being told exactly the same thing when they could be working on other aspects of their job.  We do challenge Openreach on the information that we are given and we do escalate accordingly (which is a large aspect of my job) but calling Openreach 3 times in one day, unless there is a valid reason (ie: they have asked us for additional information, the next review is later on in the day, etc) there is no point in doing so.
Please rest assured, we do take these things seriously and do escalate with our suppliers, but there is a right way of doing these things.  Needless to say I am really sorry for the delays that have been seen in here.
vinchu

I think more that to fact is that I need to ring you and chase you for last two weeks for an update almost everyday!
Still, you guys has taken everything from BTOpenreach word by word and just pass it to me without pressure and challenge them.
Have you filed an industrial complain to Ofcom? even I know you will say that is useless to do and blah blah blah.
Quote from: Jameseh
Quote from: vinchu

Hi,
I appreciate that on the outside it may look like this.  Zen's approach is somewhat questionable and will result in 3 agents being told exactly the same thing when they could be working on other aspects of their job.  We do challenge Openreach on the information that we are given and we do escalate accordingly (which is a large aspect of my job) but calling Openreach 3 times in one day, unless there is a valid reason (ie: they have asked us for additional information, the next review is later on in the day, etc) there is no point in doing so.
Please rest assured, we do take these things seriously and do escalate with our suppliers, but there is a right way of doing these things.  Needless to say I am really sorry for the delays that have been seen in here.