cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long phone calls

longlostpoet
Dabbler

long phone calls

i have had to call "customer service" ? 3 or 4 times regarding a faulty MAC code.
each time i have had to wait on line for anything between 15 and 18 minutes to get an answer from somebody who then wants to transfer me to someone else !
please !
employ more people or be honest and admit that so much is faulty with the plusnet (BT) service that you just cant cope !
6 REPLIES 6
gswindale
Grafter

Re: long phone calls

To be fair; it is 5:15 on a Saturday on New Years Eve.
I'm guessing that call centre staff are scaled down accordingly based on predictions that people will be out partying rather than surfing?
What sort of problems have you been encountering?
WWWombat
Grafter

You can get an idea of how many calls are being handled on this support page.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
longlostpoet
Dabbler

i know what day it is thank you.
i'm talking about normal week days when the calls take for ever to be put through and people that promise to call back, never do !
typical BT type of customer service !
Utility Warehouse, the provider that i am moving all my utilities to, answer the phone in under 3 minutes and are always most helpful !
plusnet should take a lesson from them !
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: longlostpoet
i know what day it is thank you.
i'm talking about normal week days when the calls take for ever to be put through and people that promise to call back, never do !

Now that wasn't clear from your initial post!
You made it sound as if you were having problems on New Year's Eve getting through.
Is it any wonder that customer service lines have such long waiting times when customers clearly can't be bothered to give the proper information to get the issue resolved quickly?
I have to say that I worry about a company that can constantly answer the phone in under 3 minutes - either they don't really need a customer service team or they have so many problems that they are employing half of India to field all the calls they are expecting due to their problems.
I'm also wary of having all utilities with one provider - I prefer to know that I can ditch my gas easily without it impacting on my tv service!
mikeflan
Dabbler

Let me say that one of my bosses was on UW.....and believe me it was a shambles especially when it came to getting back online after a windows reinstall........I didn't notice a 'speedy' reply to his calls when needed......  but I wish you luck !!!!!!!!!