cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

less than 24 hours and wish I'd stayed with Sky

dylnjan

less than 24 hours and wish I'd stayed with Sky

Think the subject says it all.
Transferred to plusnet today. No phone, no Internet and plusnet don't care. Spent an hour on my mobile to be told it will be 4 working days till its sorted because they've lost our order. It's Friday night so it will be Thursday before there's any chance of it working. Plusnet staff couldn't give 2 hoots despite the company logo that says they'll make us proud.
I run my own business and like to check on emails etc from home over the weekend so not only is this disrupting my home life with the stresses of 2 teenagers without Internet but it is disrupting the smooth flow of my business.
When we were signing up we were promised a smooth swap over. Never have come across such incompetence or couldn't care less attitudes.
A manager is supposed to be ringing me back within the hour but I'll not hold my breath.
Please excuse any typos but I'm tapping on a tiny mobile phone screen because my pc has no Internet!!!!!
SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH SKY!
10 REPLIES 10
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: less than 24 hours and wish I'd stayed with Sky

I came from Sky and have been relatively happy with the service reliability. However, I do have a caller display/ 1471 issue. Are you keeping the same number from Sky? If so, would you be so kind as to see if over the next few weeks incoming phone calls are presented with an extra 0 at the front of the number? I would normally pm this, but not sure if new members can get them immediately.
Thanks
Mark
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi and welcome to the forums,
As I said to you previously, I apologise for the problems that you've experienced. We do care, and we hope to be able to sort everything for you. I know a TL has updated you on this, and I hope that, going forward, you'll have no further problems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
delboy109
Grafter

I am the same as you.
wish I had stayed with sky .
Got promised fibre at a great price but ended up with adsl that even slower than sky's .
At least sky's never dropped out unlike plusnets that drops out about 20 times a day and when more than one device is logged on you might as well switch the router off .
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@delboy109.
I'm sorry to see this. I can see you've got an intermittent connection, and I believe we are correcting this for you. Not having looked into the history of this, I can only assume that you have an exchange equipment problem since you've moved from LLU and as such will be on different exchange equipment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
delboy109
Grafter

The internet speed on my account was set to 1mb and had been for seems weeks by someone at plusnet .
The openreach engineer could not understand why his speed test was saying that my line could accept 66mb but after the new master socket , modem and router I was only getting 1mb .
Looks like I must off pissed of someone when phoning up to complain about the my fibre order .
PembsPanther
Grafter

I doubt very much that someone at Plus Net has done this out of spite and to be hones it is quite unreasonable of you to even suggest such nonsense!
There are many many reasons as to why an IP Profile could be capped and the majority of the time it happens automatically due to frequent drops of service, it is meant to stable the line as much as possible not to purposely annoy the customer. I am sure someone from Plusnet will be along soon to offer a more in depth explanation.
Also it might be a good idea for you to start your own thread rather than hijacking this one.
delboy109
Grafter

Check the plusnet mod wanna be . Wink
PembsPanther
Grafter

I am sorry you feel that way, I was genuinely trying to help you by suggesting you start your own threads and then you would get more forum exposure and probably attract more responses from the cs reps and also other very experienced members of the forum that could possibly help with your issues. I understand your frustration and annoyance (believe me I really do!) but being bad mannered towards the very people that can help you is not going to solve anything as all it will do is encourage the people that can help you not to which in turn will frustrate and annoy you even more. Nobody is asking you to beg and plead, you are the customer if you have an issue then there are people here to help solve that issue but being bad mannered towards them is probably not a great idea. Would you agree?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@delboy109 - Nobody has purposely changed your profiles around. A footprint is left every time anybody touches your account, so it would be daft for anyone to do anything malicious. It was actually done by the delta report sent over by BTW.
I appreciate your problem, but please try and be reasonable with other forum members.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
delboy109
Grafter

I have worked in telesales before and I know for a fact that " So called honest mistakes happen " Wink