cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jackiec1: customer service.

jackiec1

I can't believe how pathetic, ineffectual and lazy is the customer service dept. I signed a contract with Plus Net in October and was assured that the changeover would be smooth and problem free. What [Censored]! On 19th November my landline and broadband service with the previous provider was cut and i have not had access to broadband or a landline since. According to Plus Net it is the losing company's fault. According to Plus Net there is nothing they can do. I have been struggling to resolve the issue and have had absolutely no help from them.
As I am disabled I depend a great deal more than the average customer on broadband and a home phone. To order food, speak to my GP, the hospital department's where I am undergoing tests. No one can now reach me except by letter.
I have been driven nearly insane by Plus Net customer service's failure to help resolve the problem. I am given different information by different customer service agents while whatever they undertake to do does not get done. I have been without broadband or landline since 19th November, it has cost me a fortune in phone calls on a payg phone to try and sort this problem out.

Today I managed to speak to the manager of the complaints department. He said it was not their fault and there was nothing that they could do to help resolve the problem and he personally had too much to do managing his 'team' to bother with sorting out a customer's problems!  He said that all they could do was apply once again for the phone line but naturally I have received no word that this has been done.
The name of the self-important individual who is too busy and too grand to speak to a paying customer is James, the manager of the complaints team. [removed]
Why does it not surprise me that they are part of BT? If i had known beforehand I would not have joined Plus Net. I hope they crash and burn! How on earth did they get voted top providers? Inconceivable!
Maybe I should just tweet about the difficulties that I am experiencing with Plus Net.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Personal attack on Plusnet staff member removed as per forum rules.
6 REPLIES 6
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I can assure you that Plusnet is a separately managed company, the fact that they are owned by BT is irrelevant, they are treated exactly the same way as any other ISPs by all parties that they have to deal with, that is controlled by the statutory regulations. If you have been told that it is your losing provider's fault that the move is being blocked, then that will be true, however whether they are doing so lawfully is another matter. Plusnet's hands will, as would other providers' hands be tied by the regulations, but that shouldn't mean that nothing can be done.
I am surprised at the attitude that you claim James Bailey is taking, no doubt he will respond later this morning to this thread.
I  will request that the moderators break this out as a separate thread.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: jackiec1: customer service.

mod:note
topic split for visibility
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion

Now that the moderator's have sorted out the threads, I'll add some further suggestions.
You haven't said who your losing provider is, is there a reason for that? As long as you had not breached the terms and conditions of your contract with whoever it was, they have no justification whatsoever to block your move, nor do they have the right to block a move if you are in dispute with them, but you should have notified them in writing/email. Perhaps you could update us with some detail about the previous provider and the current situation. It's sounding like you need to contact OFCOM to tell them the move is being illegally blocked.
James
Grafter

Hi,
I spoke to you yesterday and informed you that the reason for the delay in your order is that initially Talk Talk cancelled our order and subsequently placed a cease on your line which is entirely beyond our control.
You were unhappy that I was not prepared to expedite your order due to our having done nothing wrong and the delays were entirely down to Talk Talk.
I am of course sorry for the delays and know that Rob will do everything he can to get you up and running as soon as possible.
I am a little surprised at your comments given the fact that we spent 15 minutes on the phone yesterday?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I was just about to post to say I'd bet my house on the losing provider being TalkTalk when James got in before me. I've lost track of the number of times we've seen almost identical issues where TalkTalk cease the service when the user has the temerity to decide to leave.
Complaining to Plusnet is not going to help; they will be doing all they can to get you back online but they are limited in what they can do by OFCOM rules and dependant on OpenReach and BT Wholesale exactly the same as all other ISPs.
The most appropriate people to complain to would be OFCOM about TalkTalk placing a cease on your line when there was absolutely no need for them to do so.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion

Well I was guessing it was Talk Talk, par for the course.
@jackiec1
On the assumption that Talk Talk had no justification for their actions you need to complain to OFCOM about TalkTalk and what they have done.
Edit: The thought occurs to me did you ask for a MAC or did you just cancel your TT service?