Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install engineer no show

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: install engineer no show

Quote from: abhijack
formal apology from the engineer for wasting customers time by not showing up having made them wait.

Love it.  Grin Grin Grin
Quote from: abhijack
These are the only few points I can think of at this moment .

I note that in your own thread you said that you called PlusNet but they said they were unable to access any information until AFTER the appointment period.  Crazy
This is a real "chocolate teapot" if correct.  Cry
You'll note in my suggestions above:
A contact number you can ring to confirm the appointment is actually happening, i.e. with access to engineers actual schedules & locations.
abhijack
Grafter

Quote from: HPsauce

If they can't get access, try a neighbour (or 2 or 3 or 4), and also wait a reasonable time and try again (and again) - and phone.
Use both landline and mobile numbers sensibly. And record alternative contact details if relevant, not to mention location instructions if at all likely to be difficult to find.

i think thats a very reasonable expectation of any customer. and it was mine too..but the engineer didnt think so....
like you said :
there should be some number to ring and check updates re: engineer visit even during the time slot.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I was updated to fibre in early October & the day before PN emailed me confirming the visit & informing me that the engineer would phone me 30 minutes before his arrival. Sure enough this is exactly what happened. Therefore I feel that the protocols must already exist, both within PN & Openreach. It then relies on the individual to be properly trained & then to correctly action this training. I was absolutely delighted to receive such excellent customer service.
Oh, I'd forgotten. Shortly after I moved to PN in June, having migrated from the dreaded AOL, a line fault was diagnosed. I received an engineer's visit within 24 hours & again he phoned me in the morning prior to "their" arrival. Apart from taking one of my cats for a 35 mile journey in one of the vans, the visit resulted in the fault being successfully cleared.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: tijara33
Apart from taking one of my cats for a 35 mile journey in one of the vans

Not the one in your avatar, I trust???  Cool
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

No, he's still at Londolozi thankfully!!    Cool
Grff
Grafter

Quote from: tijara33
I was updated to fibre in early October & the day before PN emailed me confirming the visit & informing me that the engineer would phone me 30 minutes before his arrival. Sure enough this is exactly what happened....

This was my experience with my fibre install.  But it could also be because they are going to disrupting your service.  I had good experience a d a good engineer.  However my girlfriend just had a no show from BT on a new line install without so much as a phone call.  It was her that had to do the phoning to PlusNet to check.
I think it would be a nice touch for PlusNet to ring the customer after the allotted appointment slot has passed (I.e. if its an 8am-1pm appointment, could call at maybe 2pm) to see how the installation went. This was they are seen to be proactive and jump on the ball if needed.
May not be possible, just an idea.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Nice idea, but I suspect the numbers involved would be against that
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)