cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initial bill

newtoplusnet

initial bill

Can anyone help.
I'm a bit confused as to my initial billing. I applied for the vaue broadband 10gb package.
I expected the first charge of £5.99 to be the first months rental plus £6.99 for postage of the router. The router arrived and I had it up and running on 18th February. I was then charged another £5.99 for the first months rental from 18/02/10 to 17/03/10. Does this mean there is a charge similar to the first months rental just for setting up the asdl. If so I was not aware of this.
I need to know know if the rental is due from the day it was first active ie 18/02/10. because they do state that the first 3 months would be at £5.99 before it is raised to the full price of £11.98
I searched the site for ages but could not find any terms and conditions for my broadband order.
16 REPLIES 16
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: initial bill

I am not sure I understand the question.
Basically the broadband cost is charged in advance so your first bill would be for the P&P and one months line rental and then after 1 month you would be charged for the second month in advance.
The charges start from the point when the line is active which isn't necessarily when you first used it but this would only be a day or so different at the most.
If however you were charged 2 lots of £5.99 something has gone adrift.
newtoplusnet

I applied for broadband on 12/02/10 and I was charged £5.99 for what they have called initial subscription and £6.99 for the postage of the router. The router arrived on 17/02/10 and I was online for the first time by 18/02/10. I expected the next payment would be take on 18/03/10 for the period from 18/03/10 to 17/04/10.
I paid the original payment by credit card and I then set up a direct debit online on 18/02/10 for future payments. I received email confirmation that my first direct debit would be on 18/03/10 for £5.99. So everything seemed fine.
However they have taken another £5.99 from my credit card on 18/02/10 for the period 18/02/10 to 17/03/10.
It hasbeen an excellent service so far and I have a good connection all up and running in just 6 days.
But I will need to see someone about the mistake. I thought I would just check first in case I had failed to understand the initial billing and was perhaps being charged £5.99 for just setting up the deal...
Thanks again for your prompt reply.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I suggest raising a ticket to query the second payment, your assumption that the first payment covered up to 17th March is correct.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi newtoplusnet,
I've refunded this to you and replied to the ticket, I'm very sorry it happened. I suspect something happened when the account was activated to cause the incorrect payment.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Matt, I think something similar has happened to one of my accounts, but I haven't looked into it yet.  I'll PM you a username.
Thanks
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Phil,
Yes, it does look to be the same thing - I've passed all this on to the development team, thanks for that. As soon as we've any more info we'll be updating.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Cheers Matt.  Are you going to do a refund on mine, or should I wait till the clear up after the developers have fixed it?
Thanks
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that Phil, I've refunded it for you now.
craigyoung
Grafter

Matt
I think this has happened on my account every month since I joined - could you refund me a couple of hundred quid just to be on the safe side and we'll say no more about it.  Roll_eyes
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sure thing - I've gone over your account and refunded every instance of double charging I was able to find on there Wink
That all looks fine.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Cheers Matt.
Phil

newtoplusnet

Just to say thanks for the replies. As was stated the mistake was corrected and I have been fully refunded.
Many thanks to all concerned.
DavidH
Grafter

Wow ... your refund was issued on the 22nd and you've recevied it already ...?
Hmmmm ... I thought they took (up to) 2 weeks to process (eh Chris?)
Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I thought they took (up to) 2 weeks to process (eh Chris?)

Direct Debit refunds do taken 7-10 working days to appear back in the account. In this case I'd assume it's a refund back to a card as they are much faster.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.