Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inferior hub?

donglequality

inferior hub?

one month of being a plusnet customer.
what a month!!
former b t customer, living in a rural area we only have choice of 2 providers, how can using the same line and equipment turn so bad?.
every few minutes connection drops when i tell plusnet they tell me if an engineer has to call it will cost me £60 if they find nothing. well i know on the bt hub all was o.k., so it has got to be the one thing that has changed.... the hub.... i used bt hub originally (the first 2 weeks of plusnet taking over) no problems, then bt cancel the hub and i return it to them.
now i use the plusnet hub the connection drops out every few minutes!!. i dont know much about computers but i know bt was no problem, and feel i will be fleeced if an engineer calls.
roll on the end of this contract!!
and i even got an e mail asking me to recommend plusnet...talk about rub salt in your wounds.
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: inferior hub?

With the new router do you have everything connected in exactly the same way as previously including filters on phones in any other sockets if they are in use?
Are you connecting to the router wired or wireless? If so have you confirmed whether it is the router to exchange that is dropping out or just the wireless (you can check this by seeing if you get drop outs when wired).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hmm.  Connection hasn't been great to be honest!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
donglequality

today i connected using a wire from hub to computer (previously wireless) i have changed the filter every thing apart from the hub has been disconnected to try with just hub connected, all is wired exactly as with bt hub, and the connection still drops out, just as it always has before.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

um.. When did you do those changes?  We haven't seen you disconnect for nearly 7 days now:

Are you sure it is drop outs?  It appear to have quite a slow connection (our profile set for you is at 750Kbps) so is it just slow?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager