Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet's free Ad on Radio 4

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Plusnet's free Ad on Radio 4

Was listening to "You and Yours" earlier and an item caught my ear when I heard Plusnet mentioned. Ring up and ask for a cheaper price I heard - oh yeah I thought. The item went on and then there was an interview with "a customer", a probably more elderly gentleman by the sound of him, who said about all these cheaper prices he's seen in various ISP ad's in the papers,so he phoned up Plusnet and said "right, what can you do?" and they reduced his price from £11.49 to £6.49.
Hello, this sounds familiar I thought, the item went on with some economist burbling on about competition, just ring up and ask he said. Still no mention of what I was expecting. I was poised by the phone to ring R4. Then right towards the end of the item, they mentioned Market 2 & 3 exchanges and how Plusnet was offering Market 2 at Market 3 prices.
Oh well, old hat I thought, nice Ad Plusnet! Lot's of R4 Market 2 listeners will now be phoning up. Hope CSC/Sales/Options are poised!
5 REPLIES 5
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Plusnet's free Ad on Radio 4

I think we came out sounding ok in it to be honest!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Anotherone
Champion

Just about  Wink Could have been awkward, that's why I was poised by the Phone  Smiley
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

It's the one and really the only issue I have with PN - those who are on market 1 and paying twice as much for the same product with more than likely slower speeds as others get for half price.
I understand why it is thus but it doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow, especially when you see so many complaints from customers who complain that it costs them £5 for an extra 5GB when they go over their allowance, market 1 value customers pay £1.29  for their basic allowance as standard.
Anotherone
Champion

It's not only Plusnet that are affected, a lot of other companies. especially those with Headline Market 3 prices where you have to dig in the very small print to find the true cost, actually charge Market 1 customers £10 on top - that coloured provider that's changing it's name is one example.
And the reason for this is OFCOM ruling, which AFAIK hasn't changed recently. OFCON do very little in the interests of the consumer!
eddielad

I understand the points raised previously and agree that this is the situation however it still irks that there is a real 2 tier system developing here. I've just asked if this lack of service could be adjusted by a reduced price upgrade to a greater download limit or a better deal on the phone bundle I have; some sort of concession to the fact that I am paying more than some to receive a service that is below the level of that enjoyed by others.  Maybe this could catch on and drive a few others to use Plusnet's service. 
I'm sure radio 4 would be only too happy to run another "Technology Story" to advertise the scheme. Probably meets a Compliance quota or something.  Smiley