cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i've been cut off!

pommy

i've been cut off!

after two years of great service it's all gone pear shaped! my advice is be careful when phoning someone in hospital - i've been charged over 50p a minute whilst phoning my mother in hospital, and now plusnet have cut my home phone off because i exceeded the credit limit...so i added £50 of credit and they still won't reinstate my phone line for up to 48 hours...even BT never tried that...meanwhile i've had to make the call on a mobile, presumably at an even more extortionate rate...thanks very much plusnet! back to the comparison sites to check other providers....also i was also promised a call from a supervisor within the hour....that was an hour and a half ago...hmmm...
4 REPLIES 4
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: i've been cut off!

This is exactly why I have not changed my phone to PlusNet...... no point in having a phone you cannot use .
TicnTac
Grafter

Shocked
yikes, although 50ppm - that is cheap, the last time we had to resort to by the bed rip off phones it was costing 75ppm - the most expensive I saw was in Scotland, that was 45ppm to phone out, £1.75ppm to phone in  Shocked Dread to think how much the TV cards are now?  Undecided
Still, it shouldn't shock, remember who is behind the pretty little Plusnet logo - BT  Angry so expect delays, heartless comments and problems and more expense  Sad
You could try sneaking in a mobile? There is a little credit card thin mobile on the market now, open to all PAYG networks except 3. They cost from about £25, might save in the long term, been thinking of something similar to avoid situations like this in the future  Undecided
Anyway, all the best to you and your mum! Focus on your mum getting better, not the service you've had from Plusnet! I'm sure they will point out that the time allowed from cut off to activation is an excuse they will make up and no doubt justify it  Roll_eyes
matt_2k34
Grafter

@shutter - excellent post, very informative and helpful.  Shocked

@pommy, sorry to hear your mom is in hospital - the last thing you need right now is more issues.
I assume the problem lies with the PN system having to update that your account now has credit, and then a prod to said remote system to get the barring removed.
Hopefully someone from PN can clear up why it will take 48 hours.
Also i hope PN take from this the following
also i was also promised a call from a supervisor within the hour....that was an hour and a half ago

Get the CSC to leave a message on the internal comms with a brief synopsys of the issue, and a number to dial (saves the legwork of the supervisor)
If you already do this, perhaps it should be seperated onto another system - even if its just an internal forum - and ENFORCE IT - your not the first person to not get a promised call thats for sure.
TicnTac has hit the nail on the head, many hospitals allow mobiles in them now (Derby off the top of my head definately does) - a cheap mobile for a tenner + a sim of the same network as you, and you'll probably save a bundle - might be worth calling the hospital directly and asking what their policy is - as im sure it changes dependant on the trust.
All the best.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
I'm sorry to hear about this problem. I've checked your account and can see that the issue seems to have been caused by human error (which does happen but that fact doesn't excuse it)
We're very sorry too that the call came through later than originally promised. We really can't promise call backs within the hour I'm afraid, I'm sorry that this expectation was set in the first place.
Please do let me know if you experience any further problems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team