cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many times can plusnet cancel an appointment?

NedLudd
Grafter

Re: how many times can plusnet cancel an appointment?

I'd certainly like to hear it. I'm not sure I want to stay with a company that leaves messages of that sort for customers!
Geoff,
York.
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Morning oooBEXooo,
Thank you for raising the above points. We are currently looking into this and will be contacting you later today. Your complaint is still being dealt with by senior management and the matter of goodwill will be addressed today.
Regarding the voicemail, please can you send a recording of this so we can take the appropriate action.
Once again, thank you for your patience and we hope to bring this matter to a close shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re sending the recording: Alex hasn't said how, but I'd suggest zipping it up and then attaching it to a ticket - then post the ticket number here.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
oooBEXooo
Grafter

Can anyone with any knowledge please confirm or rubbish this. I`ve got a BT home hub, with built in modem, Including the red fibre socket. If i`d of been sent a vDSL filter, I wouldnt of needed an engineer, As Home Hubs have all the equipment built in.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Which model of HomeHub?
oooBEXooo
Grafter

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

For FTTC the HH3 and 4 require a BT (Openreach) modem (internal modem is ADSL, not VDSL), HH5 can work direct with its built-in VDSLmodem (and could be used with a 'normal' DSL filter).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion

I'm fairly sure that the v3 model's modem can't cope with vDSL, I'm sure someone will correct me if that's not the case.
You need the Openreach modem - as well as the vDSL plate (Mk3 SSFP) - which is why the engineer comes, then you connect the HH as a Router via that red socket.
Edit: w23 beat me to it!
oooBEXooo
Grafter

Cheers for clearing that up. I never gave it a second thought about what home hub version  was needed.
Anotherone
Champion

Apart from which the engineer should test your connection to make sure there are no line faults and that you are getting good sync speed etc - although there have been reports on this forum where Kelly subcontractor engineers have failed to do that. As the engineer has to go to your Cab anyway to connect you to Fibre, he's just around the corner, so it's no real deal him attending.
oooBEXooo
Grafter

Get ready to fire up the big top music boys and girls. Roll Up! Roll Up. The circus is in town again. After clearly asking for an answer on here as to why Plusnet are doing this to customers, I received a phone call from plusnet, wont name them, As there seems to be double standards on here. I asked him, Why Im being lied to from tech support, He couldnt answer. I asked why there is double standards on here, Guess what, He couldnt answer either. I asked what happened to my phone calls that are promised from Plusnet Staff. He couldnt answer again. Then I asked him what happened to fibre install, You guessed it boys and girls he couldnt answer. I did asked 5 times if this phone call was real and not a wind-up. He did also point out to me that this matter WAS passed onto senior management, But they`ve passed it down to him. Why are senior managers hiding? I`ve asked numerous times for the questions to be answered, and again STILL NO ANSWERS. Still waiting for the Director to contact me and still waiting for Sorry from the other manager who left his microphone on. This is clearly a circus now. 24 hours after asking on here  for a reply, in writing not trying to hide it on a phone call, It still hasnt happened. Its pretty clear senior managers arent actually doing anything. And getting pretty clear now that Plusnet has no intention of explaining why this has happened. It seems more that Plusnet want me to disappear now than fix the issues they`ve caused. As for the Plusnet staff on here, the manager informed me that you lot arent actually doing your job properly. Want confirmation of it? Ask to listen to the phone call between Myself and the manager around 5:15PM. i give you permission to listen to it yourselves incase they start trying to get out of it. Seems that everyone is blaming everyone else. Sorry Plusnet but you have nobody else to blame but yourselves. I wouldnt even leave if somebody actually had the bottle to say, "We`ve messed up." but you dont, You still continue to blame each other about your flawed procedures. So please Plusnet I`ll asking again. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?
PS I did receive an offer from Plusnet today, Half the offer I was offered last week. Wont beat the offer of extending my contract from 18 months to 2 years lol
oooBEXooo
Grafter

UPDATE...
After having to speak to plusnet again after being told by a moderator to stop posting, I have now been told I have another engineer appointment booked for the 12th. Can anyone please explain to me why another appointment has been booked without any contact to arrange said appointment, when I have already requested and received a mac code, and repeatedly told plusnet that my service will be cancelled by the end of the month
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

For clarity
You were not told to stop posting - you were asked to stop spamming other posters threads
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi oooBEXooo,
The reason the appointment notification has been sent is because a tentative appointment is generated by the supplier application when an appointment is missed. I can see that you have spoken with our Customer Options Team regarding cancelling the account and they have supplied a MAC code however, this has not been used as of yet. We did not want to cancel the order until we could see that the MAC had been used.
I understand your complaint is still ongoing and being dealt with.
I can assure you we are not preventing you from posting on the forums regarding this matter however, spamming other posts regarding the same/different issues isn't acceptable as is advised in the forums rules.
Thank you for your patience. We hope to be able to bring this matter to a close for you shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
oooBEXooo
Grafter

So im not allowed to comment on the issues that people are having that are the same as me? Also can you please clarify what this means. And I will quote you here,  "spamming other posts regarding the same/different issues isn't acceptable as is advised in the forums rules." Where have i done this? Show me.
@oldjim edit the posts then like i said last night. Show me Jim. I`ve already asked you to show me. Give me an example where I`ve broken your forum rules. Otherwise back-off and stop getting involved as your clearly not Plusnet staff.
i have also asked why moderators are editing posts to remove names of customer service representatives when there is a problem. but when good service is mentioned, it is perfectly acceptable for a plusnet member of staff to then name that customer service representative. surely the same rules apply to staff and customers regarding the forum rules on this, so why are staff posts not also being edited. this is blatant hypocrisy. yet again this question has been glossed over and ignored, and then when i add another comment regarding this, i am accused of spamming. please bare in mind that when i spoke to someone in the customer services department via telephone last night, i was clearly told that CSR's should not be naming other members of staff on this forum. so why is it happening?
via pm last night i repeatedly asked for the moderator to clarify where exactly i was spamming as i did not believe i was. that request was repeatedly ignored, and the responses given were abrupt, short sentences that ignored the questions asked. furthermore when it was brought to his attention that i was on the phone to plusnet, the moderator immediately stopped replying.
i find it concerning that when i am commenting on other peoples posts regarding similar situations to mine, that i am made to feel as if i am unable to sympathise with them, and unable to link them back to my original post to show them that there are other people going through the same situation.
might i also add, that generally on a forum, rules are made perfectly clear and are usually put up quite close to the top of the forum on the main page. on this forum however, they are at the bottom of the main page, under a section that does not say anything to show that is where the rules are. i suggest that if you are going to repeatedly point people to the forum rules, that they are more easily available and not hidden away, making your customers having to go hunt for them.