cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

house move

kb0164

house move

just thought id have a bit of a rant, rang plusnet to tell them we are moving on 1st may and would like to change to fibre, so far so good. given date of 10th may for engineer to visit, so far so good again and appreciate that although its ten days we'll have to be patient. engineer turns up and asked where our new fibre optic router is, now not so good. ring plusnet and they inform me that i should have been informed that there would be a postal charge for the said item, and because i wasnt informed of this then they couldnt send it as i havent paid the grand total of £5.99, not so good again. paid the amount and told that the router would be ariving in a couple of days, so far so good again, rang plusnet ten days later to find out where my router was and was told it had been sent to my old adress !! not good at all, my bill is due in 3 days and im sure the money will still be taken altough i would have  been without a service  for 23 days.  Cry
3 REPLIES 3
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: house move

Did the engineer still install the modem even though you didn't have the router yet or didn't install?
That's RPM to you!!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi kb0164,
Sorry to hear of the mistakes made, I can see we've dispatched a fibre router today for you, if you've had the modem installed you could create a PPPoE connection until your fibre router arrives.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Welcome to the forums kb0164. Well that was too polite to be a rant. Plusnet really need to amend their procedures. If they new they couldn't send the Router, they should have contacted you. There is really no excuse for this. Frankly I'm fed up of reading stuff on here related to simple cock-ups made by the provisioning lot.