cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hmmm

warbleeder
Grafter

hmmm

so i try to comment on the witch for the seventh time statement.... my comment dose not get added and i can not log into forums next day?
awell heres my comment ... wether ur not adding it because i mentioned origin or what i dont know but i know u have open forums where messages show right away.
so my comment from yesterday was not added by plusnet... after them checking it.. and and then today i couldn't log into forums... hmm ... anyways after 5 years on my loyalty (6 at end of my contract) it will be bye bye plusnet and hello to origin.. plusnet dont care about customers anymore... yep you have a live chat so what... customer service sucks...i mean com-on BRIBING customers? when ever they try to raise a fault? ...let alone faults been on my line for months now... but i just use my mobile instead of landline now.. so that another £20 a month bill... maybe you didnt add my last comment because i mentioned origin?
18 REPLIES 18
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: hmmm

Comments from members aren't always just added automatically, they are moderated, this is due to some spam posters, so it offers some protection, so it's not got anything to do with you mentioning Origin.
As to why you can't log into the Forums the next day, I'm not sure, there's absolutely no correlation between you submitting a comment and trying to log into the Forums so I'm not sure what's caused that. Yes messages show up straight away on the Forums, because you're a member and that's how the Forums generally work.
It's sad to hear that you're leaving us, since you've been with us for nearly 6 years. I wish you all the best with your new provider, Origin.
warbleeder
Grafter

thanks chris but i have till feb with PN... sorry but ive had a fault on my line for months... i called sunday and guy was fine with me and sent out a engineer.... when ive called before that it seems like staff have tried to black-mail me.... and that from a business i am paying is not acceptable
i own a business myself and i would never try and blackmail any of my customers and if i found out that any of  my staff had i would do something
picbits
Rising Star

What do you mean by blackmailing can you elaborate at all ? Are you talking about compensation offered for downtime or inconvenience ?
It is in Plusnet's interest to keep their customers happy and their phone lines free of faults.
warbleeder
Grafter

compensation only time i got that was years ago when my account had a data protection breach
when i moved in to my house in feb 2014 i took out a 2 year contact for fiber... but the speeds i where getting where slow ADSL
so i contacted plusnet and asked to downgrade and i got told not a chance... after af ew calls and while of arguing and telling plusnet i would go els where i finally got offered to keep my fiber but pay ADSL prices (and im thankful about that) keep in mind they offered me this on a 2 year contact
for the last few months ive had crackling on my line so bad that other people ive been speaking to have also heard it
i have called plusnet countless times to report this and several times the response ive received is... if you report this as a fault we will cap your broadband speeds to ADSL so its up to you if you want to report it or not (not good customer service... as plusnet agreed to let me have 2 years fiber at price of adsl... i didnt ask for that i asked to downgrade... and correct me if im wrong but as you offered me that service and i agreed you cant just take it away without prior notice?
fault is still ongoing.... basicly at the stage where i struggle to use my landline
and because of this i had to go out and get a simcard with giffgaff so i could call people and both me and other person on the call can speak without problems
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

have you actually reported a phone fault via the phone troubleshooter http://www.plus.net/support/phone/troubleshooting.shtml
warbleeder
Grafter

nope i called in... as i thought thats what the tech team was for? (not having a dig at you)
but i should be able to call and report a fault without been told
if you report this as a fault we will cap your broadband speeds to ADSL
and what made it even better is the fact that chris basically said yep leave cya later... not lets take a look at how its going or anything like that
what the heck happened to PN customer service? u used to be more than happy to stick the boot up BT to get things sorted and now its more or less a case of bleh lets leave it and keep bt happy
hows about someone from pn comes to my house makes afew calls off my landline and tell me thats what im paying for?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

and what made it even better is the fact that chris basically said yep leave cya later... not lets take a look at how its going or anything like that

Yes, I used to, when that was my job to do that.
I came on the Forums, in my own time, visited your thread and really, just wanted to explain why your post wasn't showing up on the blog post.
The Customer relations Team will, I am, sure pick this post up tomorrow morning and try to help in any way that I can.
Not everyone that posts on here work within Customer Support team, I, for one, come on here and prowl the Feedback section to see how we can use everyone's feedback to improve service.
warbleeder
Grafter

sorry chris just getting rather annoyed at the amount of time this is taking..... and some CSR's basically saying you have a choice raise a fault or slower broadband speeds dont help matters
i dont want compensation or money refunding i just want to be able to use my land line and have a service im paying for
i also dont really want to leave PN.... as ive been here 5 years but at the same time i dont want issues like this ..but if i have to make the choice i will
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you have a faulty phone line it is important that you report it as such and don't cloud the issue with any mention of broadband speeds or disconnections. In fact for a long time we used to advise people to hide their routers when the engineer came! Once the phone is consistently clear then look again at the broadband, but in the vast majority of cases, sorting out the phone fixes the broadband.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
warbleeder
Grafter

Well luckily I called Thursday and guy on phone at on was good and go me a engineer Friday morning (for phone) he came did his little test and said
The faults not with ur phone its with ur broadband and I need a BBC engineer
The problem I personally have with this is I for a feeling the bb engi will turn up and say it's not ur bb its ur phone
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you plug a phone only (no filter and no router) in to the test socket is it still crackly?
If it is, have you tried more than one phone handset (preferably not a cordless phone)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
warbleeder
Grafter

Yes it dose I also tested my RJ 11 with testing equipment bran new phone (same issue with old phone)
I own a computer repair business so first thing I do is check everything before I contact pn Smiley
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm not exactly clear what's happening in this thread, but if you need any assistance, please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: warbleeder
when i moved in to my house in feb 2014 i took out a 2 year contact for fiber... but the speeds i where getting where slow ADSL
so i contacted plusnet and asked to downgrade and i got told not a chance.

I've just had a look at your account and it's an ADSL account, not fibre, so I'm confused by the above statement. However for some reason you are on an Fibre service, even though your account is an ADSL account.
if you report this as a fault we will cap your broadband speeds to ADSL

We'd also never cap an account if someone reported a fault, what would be the benefit of us doing so? If you have a phone fault it may cause broadband issues, which might be what was meant.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.