Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback after 2 years

mikeyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

feedback after 2 years

I have not had any problem so far but I have been lurking on this forum for a couple of years and I think some positive feedback is needed.
In 2007 I contacted BT who told me (after days of being on hold and promises that they would send someone round to check if we could get broadband) that we could not have broadband, and we would be better staying on dial-up.  We are 4 miles from the exchange so I almost took their word for it.
Signed up with Plusnet January 2008 and apart from the router delivery being late (Reason was explained to me here on this forum) I have never had less than a 2 Meg connection.  We have used the free webspace, including the cgi/sql space to setup and test some websites and found the help/documentation excellent.
Our exchange doesn't have any LLU providers, and we dont have sky/virgin, so I think we pay a reasonable amount.
If any other Plusnet customers like me think that Plusnet isn't as bad as you read on this feedback thread then why not share your thoughts.
All I can say after lurking here for 3 years is: If you are having broadband problems and it isn't a fault with your own house wiring then it is probably an openreach fault and it seems from what I have read that they are neither open or reachable.  Keep nagging plusnet on this forum but try to be nice..
12 REPLIES 12
Alxns
Grafter

Re: feedback after 2 years

Yeh you usually see the worst on the forums most people don't give praise but its a good service,fast speeds and a decent price Smiley
thacky

Yep. totally agree with both of you  Smiley Smiley
artificer
Grafter

+1
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: thacky
Yep. totally agree with both of you  Smiley Smiley

and me  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

been here a long time, very few problems, MTU, a a silly billing, cured mostly by PM's with James, no other problems
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

+1 more Smiley
The Comms Digital Care team are priceless Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

And another  Smiley
Two years to the day, and I've enjoyed very good performance and service at a reasonable price.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

et un autre aussi!!
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just for Pierre
"and another too"
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Correct, OldJim - was feeling in a French mood!!
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

On a small exchange unlikely to be ever "llu'd".
Compared with my previous ISP(HORRANGE!)  my experience with Plusnet over the past 22 months has been all positive - much faster,cheaper and more reliable Smiley
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

mikeyd - Thanks for your comments, it's always nice to hear that you're happy with our service. Your comments about BT Openreach are noted, but we do try to bridge that gap for you, whenever we're needed.
To everyone else - Again, thanks for your +1's! Don't forget to refer your friends and family to earn money off your subscription Smiley