cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error after error after error

jacksmummy
Grafter

error after error after error

hi. have only been with plusnet since july 23.
list of problems so far
1. router NOT delivered when it should have been , had to chase chase chase chase chase.
2. router not here when line was activated, WHEN it finally arrived IT WOULDNT WORK
3. NO internet service from word go.  I rang and rang and rang and rang to get this sorted.
4. took i think 2 wks?? turns out the equipment had NOT been changed over at the exchange . BT engineer had to come out
5. intial payment for first month never taken on sign up so messed all my bank account up. charges charges charges. STILL WAITING FOR PLUSNET TO PAY THAT BACK TO ME.!
6. FINALLY up and running only to crash again, another week without service. turns out dropped off the exchange or something ?
7. CHARGED for calling the sheffield call centre , told i hadnt been charged, then told was charged but MY fault should have rung south africa.
8.ringing to say needed to pay bill asking me when i can pay it. told them a date, they cut me off took them 2 days to reinstate calls!
9.did the same this month. the reason im having problems with bills is because of ALL the initial mess up as dont Know where I am with what they have and havent charged me for etc......!
10. TOLD i was having £10.95 credited to a bill. went online to pay. THEY DID NOT allow me to confirm payment details when i cliced make payment and TOOK £51 instead of £41 (shud have been a credit. ) luckily i JUST HAD enough in my bank to cover it.
11. FRIDAY 16th OCT NO internet AGAIN , authentication issue, had to ring to get it sorted.

AND NOW they email saying they have messed up the bills and have under charged me so i owe £194........ THEN they email to say whoops sorry HUMAN INPUT ERROR you dont owe us that much but we have STILL UNDERCHARGED YOU. when we know how big the mess up is we will let you know then you can pay us......
our survey says I DO NOT THINK SO !!! plusnet error plusnet problem
How many customers have they done this too??
as far as I am concerned I have PAID MY BILLS and will NOT pay for plusnet ERRORS and lets face it.... they have loads of them and keep and making them!!
anyone got same prbz???
Angry Lips_are_sealed Cry Sad Embarrassed Undecided
19 REPLIES 19
James
Grafter

Re:error after error after error

Hi Jacksmummy,
Wow - I don't think you could have had any more problems with our service if you had tried to.  I'm really sorry that you've had such a bad start and I sincerely hope that things get better for you sharpish.
Do you have any time for me to give you a ring so that I can fix as much of this that I can and hopefully give you an impression that we do actually care about providing a decent customer service?
jacksmummy
Grafter

Re:error after error after error

hi, dont have time to talk but if  you can help via this then that would be good.... main issues really are the bank charges they owe me. the calls they owe me and the apparent uncharged amounts that they want me to pay?? im sorry but i wont be paying any of these...... Sad
dick:quote
James
Grafter

Re: error after error after error

Is there a time when I can call?  It's generally easier that way Smiley
Ignore the email you got last night about the call charges.  It won't have been correct.
jacksmummy
Grafter

they just replied to a ticket i raised saying it was all an error but it is not clear whether matter is closed or whether they are goin to try and get money from me other than what is billed for this month?Huh
adie:quote
James
Grafter

There's a small amount due (which we didn't charge you for in last months calls) as per the ticket reply I've just left you.
As before, I'm more than happy to have a chat about all the problems you've had in the past.
jacksmummy
Grafter

i have a headache from it all today but thanku for ur help....!!!!! Shocked
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You really should take that call from James - you'll sort out more in a short conversation with him than you would in a lot "ping-pong" on the ticket. He's a very nice chap!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jacksmummy
Grafter

thanks i may do tomorrow  if i have the brain power to deal with it... Cool
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its alright James talks in words of one syllable and is to far away to bite
James
Grafter

Yep.  I'm fully aware that some people suffer from hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Until I checked I thought you'd made that up! Grin
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
amasike
Dabbler

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I also had an email saying that I owed them money for uncharged calls because of a TECHNICAL ERROR and then I was sent another email telling me to ignore the previous one that it was a HUMAN ERROR. The problem with my bill is that the dates on the invoice they produced were wrong. Also, the "View Bill" dates on the phone side of things don't match the dates on the invoice Plusnet produce.  Also, the recent calls list details all calls instead of just calls made since the date of the last bill. Plusnet say that this sometimes happens when they have to turn off their scripts and collect call data manually. They say that it should correct itself in a COUPLE OF MONTHS. I am unemployed at the moment and need to keep tight control of my budget so I can't afford for Plusnet to spring any surprise call charges on me because of their mistakes. I like to know what I am paying for and right now I don't know. Even though I have complained, the dates remain the same and nothing has been done about it. I'm waiting on another email telling me how much I will have to pay next month for outstanding call charges. I have only been with Plusnet since August and until now had no problems with them. Whilst I have no problem with the broadband or telephone service I receive, I think that their billing is absolutely APPALLING. I have been so angry with them the past few days and I told them I had no choice but to go back to BT but that means more outlay. How I wish that James Bailey would phone me and tell me what they intend to do about the situation because if they could just put things right for me before the next bill, I would stay with Plusnet rather than have to move again.

Sorry jacksmummy but I seem to have re-posted your topic.   I just joined the forum today so I don't know what I'm doing yet.   I replied already but it has gone to your email I think.   Anyway, I think I've got the hang of it now.   Once again, I', so very sorry!

Quote from: jacksmummy
hi. have only been with plusnet since july 23.
list of problems so far
1. router NOT delivered when it should have been , had to chase chase chase chase chase.
2. router not here when line was activated, WHEN it finally arrived IT WOULDNT WORK
3. NO internet service from word go.  I rang and rang and rang and rang to get this sorted.
4. took i think 2 wks?? turns out the equipment had NOT been changed over at the exchange . BT engineer had to come out
5. intial payment for first month never taken on sign up so messed all my bank account up. charges charges charges. STILL WAITING FOR PLUSNET TO PAY THAT BACK TO ME.!
6. FINALLY up and running only to crash again, another week without service. turns out dropped off the exchange or something ?
7. CHARGED for calling the sheffield call centre , told i hadnt been charged, then told was charged but MY fault should have rung south africa.
8.ringing to say needed to pay bill asking me when i can pay it. told them a date, they cut me off took them 2 days to reinstate calls!
9.did the same this month. the reason im having problems with bills is because of ALL the initial mess up as dont Know where I am with what they have and havent charged me for etc......!
10. TOLD i was having £10.95 credited to a bill. went online to pay. THEY DID NOT allow me to confirm payment details when i cliced make payment and TOOK £51 instead of £41 (shud have been a credit. ) luckily i JUST HAD enough in my bank to cover it.
11. FRIDAY 16th OCT NO internet AGAIN , authentication issue, had to ring to get it sorted.

AND NOW they email saying they have messed up the bills and have under charged me so i owe £194........ THEN they email to say whoops sorry HUMAN INPUT ERROR you dont owe us that much but we have STILL UNDERCHARGED YOU. when we know how big the mess up is we will let you know then you can pay us......
our survey says I DO NOT THINK SO !!! plusnet error plusnet problem
How many customers have they done this too??
as far as I am concerned I have PAID MY BILLS and will NOT pay for plusnet ERRORS and lets face it.... they have loads of them and keep and making them!!
anyone got same prbz???
Angry Lips_are_sealed Cry Sad Embarrassed Undecided

[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) amasike I have removed your quote from jacksmummy made in error.
jacksmummy
Grafter

hmph.. peed off again wi PN... email told me a bill was due amount £41 summat... NOW i have emails tellin me i owe £60 plus.... i was goin to pay the bill monday but now I cant as I dont have enuf.... PN need to make there minds up. I cant budget when they just do what they want.... its just another example...(as if we need anymore) of Pn messed up service.. Insted of paying the bill i may just call cancellations,,, contract or no contract... !! i feel there are grounds for termination.. !!! had enuf Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@amasike,
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the problems.
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I also had an email saying that I owed them money for uncharged calls because of a TECHNICAL ERROR and then I was sent another email telling me to ignore the previous one that it was a HUMAN ERROR. The problem with my bill is that the dates on the invoice they produced were wrong. Also, the "View Bill" dates on the phone side of things don't match the dates on the invoice Plusnet produce.

We've raised a problem on this to our development team, it's with them for investigation at the moment. I'll chase it up on Monday and get you an update on where we are.

Also, the recent calls list details all calls instead of just calls made since the date of the last bill. Plusnet say that this sometimes happens when they have to turn off their scripts and collect call data manually. They say that it should correct itself in a COUPLE OF MONTHS.

I'll check what's happening about this too, sorry for the hassle.
Having checked your account it looks like the billing amounts stated are correct, we took a payment for call charges this month but I'll double check all this when I get into the office tomorrow and give you a ring to let you know, if that's alright?

@jacksmummy,
I've had a look over your account and it looks like the billing is correct there, I'm not sure what's happening with the notifications though. I'll likewise check those out and get back to you tomorrow, ideally with a call if you're free at any time? If you could drop me a PM with the email text as well that would help me out a lot, thanks very much and sorry for the hassle.