cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

engineer didn't turn up

wildpikey

engineer didn't turn up

Got text saying engineers appointment booked for today between 8am and 1pm, booked the morning off work which I didnt mind too much but its ended up costing me £70 for nothing,  bit cheeky as it states openreach charge £50 for people not being in,  to top it off I'm going to have to book more time off now for another appointment so its turning out to be very expensive for me,  not including trying to get through to customer services as I only have use of my pay and go mobile at present,  not happy!
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: engineer didn't turn up

I'm really sorry that an engineer has not attended today.
Would you be available for 22/04/2013 between 8am-1pm?
Once we've got the installation all sorted for you, I'd be more than happy to discuss this missed appointment with you further?
wildpikey

Thanks for the quick reply, 22nd will be fine as long as the engineer turns up,  I can get the morning off no problem but costs me money,  Doesn't help as I only have a pay and go phone presently and it cost me £5 credit trying to get though and ran out just as I did,  typical lol,  does sort of leave you hanging wondering whats actually going on,  its a shame that openreach can so easily get away with this and leave plusnet to take the blame.
dick:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all.
I will be in the office on Monday morning and I'll be monitoring this thread, rather than ringing in, pop us a post on here and I can get in touch you if need be.
You're all booked in for Monday morning. As I say, I'll have a chat with you once you're all sorted.
wildpikey

Thats great,  thank you for sorting this so quickly,  my experience with other suppliers has been long and drawn out so Im still confident and happy that I chose plusnet  Cool
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's really nice to hear, thank you Smiley
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help in the meantime.
wildpikey

Received message this morning stating that an engineer does not need to visit my property contrary to what I was told yesterday about one coming on monday, this does not make sense though as I need a new master socket and modem for the fibre optic to work don't I?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for any confusion caused by the latest ticket response you've had.
I can confirm that an engineer is definitely booked for 22/04/2013 between 8am-1pm to install your Fibre Service. Your telephone order is due to complete on Monday too so everything should be up and running all at once.