cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delayed switch from BT to Plusnet

plusnetwilcox

delayed switch from BT to Plusnet

Jan 16th 2015, my BT router showed that no broadband connection existed - it was reset and after many failures I called BT who said that the account had been transferred to Plusnet - I was expecting the switch but had no idea when - my failed internet connection was my first indications.
So we set up the new Plusnet router and it continually said Authentication failure - so we opened a chat line and Louis eventually discovered that the account had not been activated, after the normal trouble shooting tests.  The chat line could not resolve the issue and we were asked to telephone.  Things were quickly identified as an activation error and that Plusnet had not taken the initial payment, - the direct debit was set up in Oct 2014.  So a credit card payment was made over the phone and after 35 minutes of chat, we were told that it could not be activated and that somebody would call the next day.
Now it is hard to imagine what somebody will call to say the next day, we simply want the Red Internet light to change to Green.  We live in hope without an Internet connection.  Great team of people, but we have to question the systems that are in use - people cannot resolve the problems and issues that are plain for all to understand.  Terry.
1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: delayed switch from BT to Plusnet

Hi there.
I can see we got this sorted for you in the end and your back online.
If you have any further issues please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team