cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delayed phone and broadband activation

squashabe
Dabbler

delayed phone and broadband activation

I moved from Sky to PN and my activation date was originally 25th July 2011, but I still have no pnone or broadband.  I have not received a call or e mail to explain why.  I had to spend 15 minutes on my mobile and I still haven't been given a firm date for activation.  Does anyone know if am within my rights to sign up with another service provider?
Thanks
Adrian
6 REPLIES 6
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: delayed phone and broadband activation

I moved from Sky to PN and my activation date was originally 25th July 2011, but I still have no pnone or broadband

My "wild stab in the dark guess" would be that you were previously on LLU with SKY (their unlimited option? w/sky talk?) this means that a physical change needs to occur (done by BT)...
If this has gone awry, or has not been completed for some reason (e.g. SKY dragging their heels not wanting to lose a customer, BT incompetence, or an automated systems error (MAC key problem?))
I wouldnt expect too much of an answer currently, but im sure someone from PN will pick this up first thing in the morning - and hopefully be able to find out whats gone wrong.
I'm curious as to why you've spent money on your mobile, and not had the reasoning explained to you though.
Regards
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi squashabe
As per our conversation, we've been informed that the line should go active this evening.The delay, unfortunately, being due to the number not being released by your old service provider. Let me know if it doesn't activate and I'll get onto it first think as promised.
Jojo Smiley
squashabe
Dabbler

Hello Joanne.  My phone is working ok, but I can't access the internet.  After looking at my account it seems as though the broadband is not yet active.
Thanks for your help
Adrian
matt_2k34
Grafter

Squashabe
Its common for broadband to be activated a day (or a few) later than the home phone, as eluded to the delay meant you had no phone number 'attached' to your phone line.
Hopefully you'll be up and running soon enough Smiley
Regards
squashabe
Dabbler

I'm happy to report that I have phone and broadband services working ok.  Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.
Regards
Adrian
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Adrian,
Glad to hear it's up and running ok now.
Jojo Smiley