Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer support

MrSmith
Dabbler

customer support

Why oh why has Pn given away their call centres to South Africa?? Angry
My expeience of call centres overseas is that they basically are as useful as a chocalate teapot.
I hate them and have switched before because of this.
Being a long standing Pn customer i have been loyal but with the BT( spit, yuk!) Tongue aquiring of Pn and many others the service as well as the call centres has gone South. Undecided
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: customer support

they have not.
they took over the John Lewis call centre when they got the Brightview set up
PN claim that is just used as an  overflow for the main Sheffield centre if you dial the 0845 140 0200 you could get either, dial 0114-296-5198 you will get Sheffield
James
Grafter

Hi,
As Peter mentions, we still have our call centre in Sheffield (my desk is in said call centre).
If there's anything specific you would like helping with, please let me know and I'll do whatever I can.
MrSmith
Dabbler

well thx for the input but when i was having prob's a month ago and my net wasn't up my only contact was s.Africa via the phone.
I spoke to a link:csa removed and the manager link:csa removed who was no use at all' it was only when  i asked for my mac as i was thorouhly fed up, that i was given a number for the
Customer Options Team that i was able to get conected to Sheffeld and through to link:csa removed that  things started to happen .
Its thanks to him and he deserves a pay rise, that my internet was back up ahead of the date i was given.
If it is an overflow as  was stated then the phones a Pn towers must be red hot as whenever i phoned i got S. africa,
Thx for the number and if needed ,( i hope not) i will use that direct number.

btw see  '21 days and still no Broadband connection' topic as that was the prob i was having
adie:red CSA names removed as per link:rules ]
jacksmummy
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
they have not.
they took over the John Lewis call centre when they got the Brightview set up
PN claim that is just used as an  overflow for the main Sheffield centre if you dial the 0845 140 0200 you could get either, dial 0114-296-5198 you will get Sheffield

when i called the sheffield number they charged me for the calls each time even though I am a pn talk customer.! and south africa call centre is rubbish!! plusnet are useless and i am sick of them.. only been with them 3 months !
James
Grafter

Jacksmummy,
Please see my post above.