cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer services

ruthjw21

customer services

I was a new customer last Friday and bitterly regret it.  I have no broadband, and as of today no land line either.
Their staff appear not to care, blame everything on BT, and I can see no end to this problem.  I am currently sitting in a local hotel to get a connection,
despite paying plus net for the service.
There is no easy complaints process, their senior management do not have email or phone contacts that even their own staff can use (strange??).
People promise to call you back, but rarely do, I get no text updates, their rep Liz was very rude and dismissive,
So far I was I was still with talk talk, and they were terrible.
Why doesn't anybody take ownership and seem to care?  I just feel like an anonymous customer who they can fob off and blame the problems on another company, ahhhhhh
9 REPLIES 9
James
Grafter

Re: customer services

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear that you are having problems.
You mention that there is no easy complaints process, have you seen this?
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
You just need to raise a ticket to raise a complaint.
Team Leaders are also available to do call backs for any escalations that their staff raise & these are performed within 4 working hours.
Gliderguy
Dabbler

ruthjw21,
Welcome to plusnet, please don't feel lonely, you are not on your own, customer service is terrible, I joined plusnet on the 1st June and still have no broadband, just lots of excuses.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim)]  This poll is meaningless as it doesn't ask a question.
I have therefore deleted it
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Quote from: ruthjw21
I was a new customer last Friday and bitterly regret it.  I have no broadband, and as of today no land line either.
Their staff appear not to care, blame everything on BT, and I can see no end to this problem.  I am currently sitting in a local hotel to get a connection,
despite paying plus net for the service.
There is no easy complaints process, their senior management do not have email or phone contacts that even their own staff can use (strange??).
People promise to call you back, but rarely do, I get no text updates, their rep Liz was very rude and dismissive,
So far I was I was still with talk talk, and they were terrible.
Why doesn't anybody take ownership and seem to care?  I just feel like an anonymous customer who they can fob off and blame the problems on another company, ahhhhhh

Hi ruthjw21,
Thank you for your time on the Phone with Sean today. I am happy that we have managed to get an engineer booked for you.
I hope the engineer manages to resolve the issue for you and manages to get your services working back to normal without any further problems.
If there is anything else we can help with, please do let us know, we would be happy to help Smiley
Gliderguy
Dabbler

Hi ruthjw21,
Please tell me how you have managed to get Plusnet to arrange an engineer visit so quickly, I have been waiting almost 2 weeks for Plusnet to arrange an engineer visit and still waiting, 29 days without internet and still counting  Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Gliderguy
I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties, I can see that we're monitoring the connection at the moment and that an escalation is open with our suppliers. As we're monitoring the situation it doesn't look like an engineer visit would be the most helpful thing at the moment IMHO.
We should have an update for you on Monday.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gliderguy
Dabbler

Adam,
I'm not bothered if an engineer visits or not, I just want the fibre broadband turning back on.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just noticed who's replied and I'm glad to say you've got one of our most experienced and capable faults agents on the case, we're in the process of moving things further forward at the moment.
I'm sorry for the time this has taken so far.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It should be pointed out that Fibre is a different ball game from standard ADSL, but that doesn't excuse the shortcomings that seem to exist at OpenReach and BTw.