cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer service.

markrose1234

customer service.

please stay away from this company. Customer service is absolutaly none existant. I have had no landline for over 2months due to a fault on the line. No [Censored] sherlock! I have recieved in excess of 40 emails telling me the issue has been handed back, and 28txts saying the same thing. I have requested to speak with somebody in technical, or none technical even a cleaner anybody. when i did eventually get through ( on my mobile) i was put on hold 3 link:censored times. The very nice young women said we are sorry for this hold up and i will upgrade you if you stay with us and be patient, and she said i will take personal responsibility for your case and i will PHONE YOU BACK.  She lied of course !!  "  
Award winning and the cheapest broadband. You get what you pay for its CHEAP for a reason. avoid this comany like the plague. i have set up a facebook site to rubbish it.
All i wanted was for somebody to talk to me. they didnt. i have cancelled my package , off to BT, pay more get more. simples !
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
adie:red avoidance of swear filter removed.
18 REPLIES 18
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: customer service.

I presume you pay your line rental to Plusnet, if so I can't see any good reason why Plusnet haven't kept you fully informed of what is happening and why, pehaps you live in one of the areas severely affected by the bad weather and where MBORC have been declared, but it's difficult to judge as you post contained more swearing than it did information! However as it BT OpenReach that are actually responsible for providing the maintenance, which they have to do for every ISP/CP, including BT Retail, if it is a BTOR fowl up things aren't going to change.
You'll certainly pay more with BT Retail, I'm not sure why you think you will get more, especially after a few conversations with their easy to understand-not offshore customer service!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I realise it might be too late but one of our agents has confirmed that the estimated fix date is the 20th November and is currently chasing to have this brought forward. It may also be worth noting that the provider you move to will also have to resolve this issue in order to get things working for you so it would likely be worth waiting until it's fixed before passing on the MAC - but we could understand if you weren't willing for that to happen.
I'm sorry for the way things happened here.
markrose1234

(Anotherone) two swear words, and if you had been without a landline for 3months with rubbish information and feedback you would be swearing. Matt Taylor. the 20th has come and gone, so now what , wait for another 3 months !!
Anotherone
Champion

Yes I would be swearing, but if you are going to post on a forum for help then you need to provide as much information as possible. I totally sympathise with you and if I was in the same situation I would probably have hung someone by the neck by now. Clearly you have been badly let down, primarily by OpenRetch by the sound of it. There are no areas with MBROC now, so there is no excuse. (although the current weather could soon change that!).
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm really sorry this has been going on so long. As per the latest update on your ticket work should have been done on the local traffic lights over yesterday and today, and we'll be chasing tomorrow to confirm whether or not the issue has been resolved.
Anotherone
Champion

Ah ha, things never a simple as they appear to be stated originally. Another utility or external plant organisation involved, these things are never straight forward. Some idiot dig through a cable perhaps? Still shouldn't have taken this long. I'd be taking a close look at who was responsible for what - ie.which organisation did what damage (if applicable) and looking to claim compensation from the responsible authority.
kdoug007
Grafter

WELL  as  far  as  im  concerned  i have a  message  as    follows:
PN  customer  service  is  fantastic....  it  was  the  best  thing  i EVER  did..  go to  PN
  i  GET  FED  UP  WITH  MOANERS..  try  another  company    ,,  some are in Mumbai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anotherone
Champion

Oh for goodness sake kdoug007, we know you are having brilliant service, you've said so many times! But please just stop spamming other people threads where they have serious issues.
markrose1234

007 please just look at the state of your mail. what school did you go to !
Thanks anotherone. And it is serious , not particularly for me, but if somebody old was living here, literally 5miles away from the nearest town and with only 2 neighbours they could have potentially real problems without a landline as we find it difficult to receive mobile signals and our only neighbours work long hours.
What i have learnt is that people on here know whats going on (Matt Taylor) Ironically,i learnt only last night that my line, for some reason is crossed with my only neighbour. My phone rang, i answered it. nothing but swishing noises (again). then (just before i slam the phone down)  in the background i could here somebody talking. my next door neighbour.  it needs sorting, 3months is far too long irrespective of who owns the line!! 
All we want is as a customer is to be involved with Humans rather than robots !!
markrose1234

anybody at PN  can tell me if after 3-4months of waiting without a land line if an engineer who is already 3 days late is coming ,,,, just wondered !!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
As anotherone mentions above, unfortunately where our suppliers need to interface with other companies or local councils (as in your case) it can take some time. We'll make sure to keep chasing but it looks like they're still dependent on the council to sort the issue with the traffic lights I'm afraid.
Anotherone
Champion

Get on to your council highways people and give them merry .... and threaten them with legal action if you have to! And tell them you intend to speak or write to your local councillor(s) and maybe your MP, and do so.
kdoug007
Grafter

Mark  Rose RE :please stay away from this company. Customer service is absolutaly none existant
thats  your  opinion..  and of  course im  sorry you are  having  problems.
However  I  find the  service  outstanding.
  so  for me  the  customer  service is    fine..
  I  therefore    dont  think  .. its  fair  to ,,  inform others  to stay away .
  when im  sure  many  are  having  indeed  great  service...

Anotherone
Champion

@kdoug007
Did you not read my reply #8