cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer service calls

Klapka

customer service calls

I have been with Free-online since very early days.  I have had the odd issue over the years and, being seriously challenged by everything technological, occasionally got very confused.  However, I have always managed to find a way through things with the help of the customer service call line.

However, during the past couple of weeks I have found myself caught in a form of limbo.

I have a problem  with my email account about which I have spoken to a series of folk on the help desk.  Each has been courteous and expressed concerned.  Each has added a comment to the message which summarises the issue in my account on the website and has promised that something will be done.  Each appears to be unable to deal with the detail of the problem and only able to pass a note to the "technical department"(that's my term for the ones who actually can fix problems).

On each occasion, after a few days of nothing happening, I have called again and found the same outcome.  The system seems to me to be designed to handle my call as quickly as possible (I have a clear impression that they are under orders to keep things short) and on no account let me speak to a problem fixer.

I am pretty sure that if I could figure out how to break though the first line and get up a level, as it were, I would solve the matter very quickly.

All of the above has been made the more infuriating by the fact that, as I stumble about the Plusnet website trying to see if I can fix my issue myself, I constantly trip over self congratulatory guff about how Plusnet's customer service has won I mountain of awards!

I have never used this forum before, but I wondered if any other Plusnet customer has encountered the same "stonewalling" approach and, if they have, whether they have worked out how to bypass it? 

I am very loath to accept the advice of the last chap I spoke to and use a different service provider.

3 REPLIES 3
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: customer service calls

might help if you actually say what your email problem is
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It's common practice for managers to want their CSRs to get the customers off the phone as soon as possible so that they can take more and more calls and get the queues down. At least it was that way when I worked called centres.

Which sort of problems are you having? I know a while back the Plusnet mail system was quite broken and initially they just kind of said it's just an unsupported freebie extra that isn't really supported but then they changed their minds & and I've seen them sending out a lot of mails about them working on the system to try and improve it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there @Klapka

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

@southerner wrote:

It's common practice for managers to want their CSRs to get the customers off the phone as soon as possible so that they can take more and more calls and get the queues down. At least it was that way when I worked called centres.

Whilst this is true, the adviser shouldn't be rushing a call if it impacts the customer experience. They should be resolving the call, in this case, arranging for it to be resolved as per the open ticket to our network team which you can view here.

It looks like the problem is your mail is still archived despite our efforts to restore the mail back to your mailbox. The team that the ticket is assigned to aren't in the office on bank holiday weekends.

However, I've asked one of my colleagues has access to the necessary systems to try unarchiving your mail once more and this should be done within 1 hour. If this doesn't help, I'm leaving the ticket with the required team and they should get back to you within 48 hours. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet