Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change over needs looking at

colin2011

change over needs looking at

Hi
New to plusnet.
Changed form BT to Plusnet.
Suggest you look at how your changeover works.
My experience.
No bt due to change over.
You send me an email to say to connect your equipment.
How am I suppose to read this when I do not have internet access????Huh
Suggest you use the good old telephone to make a inform you new customer.
There was another issue as to what you call a pass word is it  username or username@email address....You wnated me to use both lead to more confusion.
You will be please to hear that all is working ok.
22 REPLIES 22
Ransomefan
Grafter

Re: change over needs looking at

I migrated to Plusnet 10 days ago.  I wondered how I would  know things were live if I was not connected but I got the email telling me my new account was live. I also gave them my mobile number and got a text to say the same.  Did not find any confusion with passwords and usernames.
itsme
Grafter

Have to agree with the OP. When I changed over 5 years ago I did not receive an email with the router username and password before the changeover. It seem that the confirmation of the changeover from BT that trigger the sending of this email.
mikeyriot
Grafter

I'm sure I recieved a sticker with logon details packed with the plusnet supplied router, I guess maybe the OP didnt choose to recieve a router? They could be better at letting us know when the lines ready though as I had to rely on mobile bb/smartphone.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Mirgrations from one ISP to another should happen relatively seamlessly.
I've checked the details of how we handled your order and can see that the migration completed on 28/6/11 did you change your login details on that date or connect up the new router?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
colin2011

Hi Adam,
Here's what happened.
I was told by plusnet I would change would take place on Wednesday 29 June 2011.
The day before Tuesday 28 June 2011 I had 2 power cuts in the morning.
After the second power cut I lost internet connection from BT.
I contacted BT to find out if this was due to changeover or a power cut with no conclusion.
I contacted Plusnet to find out if they were connecting me earlier than arranged to be told they did not know.
Check call centre records for full detail.
I took a insistent request to speak to a supervisor to get ensure I was called on my land line when the change over was made.
My point again is that to send update details by email is full of flaws...Only good if you have web access.
Yes I could have had a text sent, however I do not use a mobile very often and I find that once companies get my mobile number junk stars coming through.
I have a landline that has voice mail which would have been easy for Plusnet to call me when the change over has happened...This is what did happen only after I instigated it.
The login confusion was whether I use my username only or with my email address.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me and for your feedback.

My point again is that to send update details by email is full of flaws...Only good if you have web access.

I hear what your saying about e-mail. However you should have been made aware of this via that method whilst you still had your BT connection hence it's hard to see why that's a problem. Also it's simply not feasible for us to call every customer who is migrating in otherwise we'd be happy to.
Sorry if you had any difficulties dealing with support too, I did notice the logs with regards to that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Adam,
Was the email containing all the instructions on how to configure the router sent before Tuesday 28 June?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No, that information is with the router Jelv and I'm confident that was delivered on time.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
itsme
Grafter

For me the email was sent after, within an hour, of me being changed over. So if I had not looked up My Connections Details it would have been a phone call to PN.  Also I did not have a PN router.
colin2011

Andy
I think you are missing the point.....
Change over date Wednesday. As advised by Plusnet.
You do the change over a day earlier Tuesday.
My internet goes down on Tuesday so conclusion is it cant be because of Plusnet because they are not doing the changeover till tomorrow.
You say "Also it's simply not feasible for us to call every customer who is migrating in otherwise we'd be happy to"
No!...Check how long I was on the phone with your people and how long the call from you saying I was connected.
Tell which is a good use of your time?

colin2011

This is what was sent
How you'll know your broadband is ready to use
We'll send an email to let you know. If you've given us your mobile number, we'll text you too.
When we've told you you're ready, you can set up your router.
How do I read the email?
My BT internet is discounted.
My Plusnet internet router is waiting to be set up.
So no internet = No email.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Point understood and I understand where you're coming from, this is why we introduced options for test message notifications before accounts become active. I will pass on your comments about this though.
However you should really have received an e-mail from us about 24 hours after signing up with details as to when you should expect the switch over to happen. I do understand that yours had the wrong date on and for that I'm very sorry. I'm going to look into that issue to help preventing impacting on anyone else.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
colin2011

Hi Adam,
Point understood and I understand where you're coming from, this is why we introduced options for test message notifications before accounts become active.
I have no idea what this is about or how it would help.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I think it's a simple typo, it should say 'text message'. If you give us a mobile number we send an SMS when the service goes active.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.