cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business v residential support

paulwalker6789
Dabbler

business v residential support

Just wondered how much business customers pay PN for the better (i.e.decent) support they get. Iam out of contract and currently pay £44 pm. Is that not enough?
13 REPLIES 13
AndyH
Grafter

Re: business v residential support

How are you paying £44 a month at the moment?
Business pricing is on the site. You can also take out enhanced care (faults fixed within 24hrs) as a business customer.
paulwalker6789
Dabbler

's made up as follows;
1  Plusnet Extra charge  19/01/2014 18/02/2014 £17.99
1  Talk Anytime charge  19/01/2014 18/02/2014 £14.99
1  Call Plan charge  19/01/2014 18/02/2014 £4.50
The rest of the 44-46 is made up of call charges.
AndyH
Grafter

Is your exchange still Market 1 (you can check here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/)? This will affect how much you pay each month,
paulwalker6789
Dabbler

And just looked up the business packages on the site. It seems I could get unlimited bb and phone for 17 quid pm including line rental plus about another fiver for anytime calls, In other words exactly what I get now for less and I would get decent support! My blue touch paper is smouldering anew. PN you really do seem to be the kings of the rip off.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Out of interest what product are you on at present and have you got the these unticked https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions
Note that when you joined there would only have been one option which was no advertising and that blocked notifications of new products
AndyH
Grafter

Those prices will be ex VAT - on a 2 year contract and are discounted for 6 months only.
I would certainly consider looking to see what Customer Services can do for you as you're on an old product. If you're a market 2 or 3, you should save £8 a month by moving to unlimited broadband.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Even if you are on Market 1 ,if you are out of contract phone Customer Retentions -you should get a much better price for u/l internet than £17.99!! Wink
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

We pay £23.50 Ex-VAT a month to PlusNet for business unlimited (Copper ADSL) including enhanced care. Our phone for that line is rented from BT
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
paulwalker6789
Dabbler

Thanks for all the posts. Firstly why would I lock myself into a provider with such appalling customer care, my failure to migrate is due to lethergy and the fact that PN is no better than any of the others. At least at present I retain the right to leave without penalty, if something better comes along. To be honest the only thing which prevents me moving to AAISP is the thought of using VOIP for everything - a bit of a technophobe. It just seems inherently unfair that business customers (even if out of contract) get a better deal for the same money. But then whoever said that PN has an ethical or even respectful ethos?
AndyH
Grafter

I'm not sure where ethics come into this...
But why do you say business customers get a better deal than residential?
paulwalker6789
Dabbler

Well they can pay for enhanced care for a start. They seem to be bale to get throught o the call centre more easily
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've just checked over your account.
You're in a Market 1 area, which is why you're charged £17.99 per month for the package that you're on.
If you'd like to save money, you could move onto the Unlimited Package which is priced at £16.99 per month. Alternatively you could speak to our Customer Options Team on 0800 432 0200 to see what we can do to get you on a better deal.
Business products that are advertised, just as Residential are based on Market 2/3 exchanges.
We wouldn't offer Enhanced Care free of charge purely because it's something that we're charged for by our suppliers too.
I'm sorry that you feel that the level of support is poor. I'm not saying it's perfect but we're doing everything we can to improve it and we will continue to do so.
Please do let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
AndyH
Grafter

I think there would be little or no demand from consumers for enhanced care. It's just not necessary for 99.9999% of consumers.
If you're a business and your telephone lines/internet goes down, this can cost you money so you want to ensure that a SLA is in place to guarantee a repair or compensation in the event that a repair is not completed within a certain timescale.