cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beware! the grass is no greener.

ivanhoe
Dabbler

beware! the grass is no greener.

The future is bright. the future is transferring back to orange as soon as my contract is up!
Been with plusnet for two months, feels so much longer.
The woefully inadequate limits last an average family, two weeks? then they bang the charges on top so i'm saving nothing. 
the speed? well pretty well documented on here but at best i get up to the dizzying heights of 3.7m usually 1.8m. not even close to the 8m paid for or the 5-6 promised. add to that the dropped connections...
customer service you ask? surely they'll solve all your queries quickly and efficiently?
call me naive but I live in hope of a company that gives a toss too. scripted waffling generic answers, no resolutions, etc etc  you know the story by now.
unless the provider you're with sounds worse than that then I'd stick it out.
come back orange all is forgiven!  Angry
9 REPLIES 9
DavidH
Grafter

Re: beware! the grass is no greener.

I can't for the life of me figure out what you mean ... Oooops, hang on ... oh yes I can  Crazy Cheesy Wink
Lurker
Grafter

I can recomment AAISP - usage there is unlimited*
*Caveat - you still have to pay for what you use...
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the service so far.
With regards to usage, 10GB is a fair amount, but if you've got a few people or devices using the connection it can go quite quickly. Is an upgrade to Premium more cost effective than paying for extra usage on Value?
Regarding your speeds, you're currently on a profile of 6000, but are clearly getting less than that. If you could do the test we've asked you to do we can raise this as a fault and get it sorted for you?
WildRose52
Grafter

User deleted
skuffdj
Grafter

Seriously, even though i didn't have the greatest of times with Plusnet, they were twice as helpful compared to Orange!!!! Orange had the worst customer support i have ever come across!!
ivanhoe
Dabbler

It is true, orange were pretty useless as well, overcharging, helpline "staffed" by comatose  incompetents, that's why i switched, but they always gave reasonable speeds (pretty close to what you're over charged for in fact) and unlimited!
I think the plusnet staff are sidetracked by their shiny new ad campaign. reel em and bleed em dry. you pays your money i guess.
shades on, the futures bright.  Cool 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see that Mand replied to you earlier in this thread, have you been able to try the tests she referenced? We're trying to help you but we need those tests to be performed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sharpyuk
Grafter

I would rate Orange a lot worse...  and although you did not have problems before, it would not mean you will not once you go back as technically a new customer.
I say give Mand the chance to sort this out before you move... if anybody can, Mand can!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ivanhoe,
I've just tested your line and can see that a fault is apparent, however as per the posts above we need to confirm the BT speed test results and also whether the same issue is apparent in the master socket (with all other items unplugged from the phone line) and also in the test socket behind the master socket front plate as per the latest response to your fault ticket.
If you post back and let us know I'll make sure this gets progressed for you straight away.