Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are you stupid?

monkey001
Grafter

are you stupid?

Your comment 6:36pm, Friday 18th December 2009
Have you not checked any of the history on my account? I have interleaving off for a reason! I am an online gamer.
At no point have I asked you to turn it back on so please explain why you have started this process with out consulting me before.
Once again....please turn interleaving off and leave it off!

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1087 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1824 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1500 Kbps
I'm sorry if this post is harsh but I am sick of paying for a prioritised ping service and not getting it. Looking at the other posts on your forum it appears that I'm not the only plusnet subscriber having ping issues.

Your comment 12:32am, Saturday 19th December 2009
Dear Mr Lewis Williams-ward,
We have asked our wholesale broadband suppliers to turn interleaving on on your phone line to try and fix your current broadband problem.
Interleaving is a form of error correction that helps to improve the stability of high-speed broadband. One drawback of interleaving is that it can increase ping times, which may cause problems for online gamers.
We think that turning on interleaving may help with your connection problems. Interleaving usually takes 24 hours to turn on, but can take up to 5 days to take effect.
If interleaving solves your problem, please close this Question. If you are still seeing problems with interleaving switched on, please return this Question to us with as much detail about your problem as possible. Thank you for your time and patience.
Kind regards
PlusNet Customer Support

Your comment 6:33pm, Sunday 20th December 2009
you are joking right
if interleaving isnt turned off by tomorrow i am cancelling payment to you

that its ive had enough now if you cant be bothered to read previous reports or read what ive wrote im moving to a better provider which shouldnt be to hard
49 REPLIES 49
scootie
Grafter

Re: are you stupid?

BTw will not countuie with the fault finding process untill this step is completed, PN have there hands tied just the same as the end user when dealing with BTw.
am not sure if you have all ready asked for help in fixing the speed issue from the community as ive bein offline for some weeks now, if not i strongly surrgest you try and get anotherone's attention or one of the many other experts on speed issues here if you dont want interleaving turned on why BTw slowly pull there finger out and sort the speed issue.
it can be a pain when csc agengts dont fully read the past history of the ticket, but if there is somthing you know they will do/ask that you dont want doing ect i tend to start the reply off with what i want/ dont want doing in caps before adding any other info to the ticket which tends to remind the csc agent off the main points of the issue
monkey001
Grafter

yeah good point if i still ill do that
also when my phone rings my nets lags out ?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Could you translate that into English?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi monkey001,
If your line disconnects when your phone rings it's most likely an issue with filters or possibly internal wiring. Try it with just one phone and the router in the master socket, if it still drops try a different filter. If that still drops, try it in the same configuration but in the test socket (behind the master socket front plate) and see if it still happens.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: monkey001
also when my phone rings my nets lags out ?

A common cause of that is having a phone or something like a Sky box plugged in to an another extension without a filter. All equipment plugged in to any phone extension must be filtered.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Except the router. Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

monkey001
Grafter

this is the reply i got lol gonna cancel payment i think and get my mac code
Your comment 6:33pm, Sunday 20th December 2009
you are joking right
if interleaving isnt turned off by tomorrow i am cancelling payment to you

Your comment 12:30am, Monday 21st December 2009
Dear Mr Lewis Williams-ward,
We have asked our wholesale broadband suppliers to turn interleaving on on your phone line to try and fix your current broadband problem.
Interleaving is a form of error correction that helps to improve the stability of high-speed broadband. One drawback of interleaving is that it can increase ping times, which may cause problems for online gamers.
We think that turning on interleaving may help with your connection problems. Interleaving usually takes 24 hours to turn on, but can take up to 5 days to take effect.
If interleaving solves your problem, please close this Question. If you are still seeing problems with interleaving switched on, please return this Question to us with as much detail about your problem as possible. Thank you for your time and patience.
Kind regards
PlusNet Customer Support

im plugged in the test socket one phone one router into a filter and have changed it many times that is the only things plugged in my house because of the problems im having
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
The interleaving response is automated, interleaving has been turned off on your line, and the automated orders have been rejected so it won't get turned on (this rejection is also the reason the fault checker keeps trying).
I've asked someone to look at your fault now.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Mand
The interleaving response is automated,

The number if times that has caused confusion anger in here recently it shouldn't be automated! Angry
One thing people absolutely hate is a reply that makes it look an agent has not taken a blind bit of notice what they have said on the ticket. I wonder how many users you've lost as a result of this automated response?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
monkey001
Grafter

thanks for replying
interleaving is still on though as with it off my ping is around 25ms not 50 ms using the router stats
and what jelv said is correct its angered me so much sort it out
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@ Mand......
Quote from: Mand
Hi,
The interleaving response is automated, interleaving has been turned off on your line, and the automated orders have been rejected so it won't get turned on (this rejection is also the reason the fault checker keeps trying).
I've asked someone to look at your fault now.

Surely this is just adding insult to injury................. this is exactly the sort of response that gets up people`s noses.... Yours, and the automated response...
Firstly, their should not be an "automated response" as this sort of thing smacks of "we don`t read tickets...... a machine will send you something to keep you off our backs for a couple of days".
and your response admitting that it was an automated response, confirms my previous statement. 
Not until this guy starts asking for his MAC code, has a real person decided to do something, (yourself)  Quote "I`ve asked  someone to look at your fault now"
You and Chris, both ignored my thread about getting more staff to answer tickets, then evenutally came up with the excuse that it would be too expensive, and anyway, you were already training up some more people..... that would take a couple of weeks to get "up to speed".... well that was over three weeks ago, and you are still trotting out the same thing.....
"that was an automated response...................................... I`ll get someone to look at it now "
monkey001
Grafter

still no update
interleaving still on..........................................
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There's not a lot of point in turning interleaving off while there's a fault open, as it will just get turned off again as part of the fault process. As regards the fault, this has been referred back to BT and I'd imagine they'll be wanting to get an engineer out to your premises soon to test from there.
We apply interleaving automatically to any intermittent line fault as it frequently does fix the fault. It's certainly not there to irritate people, and as I said it does fix a lot of issues. There's no reason we can't turn it off when the fault is fixed, and we'll be happy to do so.
monkey001
Grafter

ive already paid £130 once for BT to come out and check and they found nothing wrong even though my gilfriend showed them the stupid latency issues ive been havingon my pc.
i hope your not expecting me to pay them idiots again