cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appalling customer service

FIXED
dtoharrison

appalling customer service

I have just spent over 2 hours on the phone to "customer service" waiting for someone to pick up! The first phone call was cut off after the operator put me on hold, then after waiting another hour for someone to answer the phone I was told by a totally disinterested assistant that it would take 48 hours for someone to look into the problem as there was no one in today from that department!!

While I was on hold I thought I would be better of using the online chat only to find I was number 27 in the queue!

How many complaints are plusnet dealing with? Or do you just not employ enough staff to answer the phone?

9 REPLIES 9
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: appalling customer service

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Plusnet-take-note/td-p/1377300

Think PN needs to Act !!!

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Jewls

Hi, I also spent over 1 hour on the phones today, with no option of a call back?. I do question why PlusNet still have high scores for customer service? Also in response to my request I find that it has not been dealt with in accordance to my instructions and I cannot spend my valuable time again having to call back.  I was hoping to 'ask a question' via my online account, but I cannot find anywhere how to do this. Perhaps my original plan of changing to another provider is my best option.

dtoharrison

Update

I had a text message from the first guy who hung up on me saying he was unable to contact me (I had called plusnet back after he hung up and was on hold for an hour!!!) but he had tested my broadband line and everything was ok. The fault I reported was with BT sport via the Sky platform!!! It still isn't working

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @dtoharrison.

Sorry to hear of the experience you've had. I've discussed your BT Sport problem with a colleague and we're hoping that should now be resolved.

Can you let us know if you continue to experience the same problems moving forward.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Welcome to the community forums @Jewls

Any chance you could elaborate what you're wanting to discuss? Might be worth creating your own thread regarding the specific issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dtoharrison

BT Sport is now working, but I am still not happy with the length of time it has taken to resolve a simple problem.

The sport I follow came to a conclusion at the weekend and I missed the live event and the repeat because of how long you took.

How do I know I can trust your service if it is going to randomly stop due to no apparent reason and then I am unable to get thru to you either on the phone or via live chat and even if I do it takes 48hrs to resolve?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

I'm glad to hear that's working now.

I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience the outage with your BT Sport caused, unfortunately problems can occur on any service with any provider at any time. I agree it wasn't handled as I believe it should have been on this occasion and I have passed feedback on to the managers of the people you dealt with.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dtoharrison

I don't need you to talk to the managers of the people I spoke to, I need you to employ enough people to answer the phone in a reasonable time and be able to resolve your customers problems quickly. Your staff would have a better attitude if they were not having to deal with peeved customers that have been kept waiting on hold for so long. Looking at the other comments on this forum mine is not an isolated case.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@dtoharrison wrote:

Your staff would have a better attitude if they were not having to deal with peeved customers that have been kept waiting on hold for so long.

Having worked on the phones for quite some time previously, I completely agree. However I unfortunately can't make Plusnet hire and train new staff any quicker than we already are, whereas I can pass feedback on to help current staff improve where possible.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet