cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after a 5 month wait.......

psmout

after a 5 month wait.......

well I'm  done with this rabble,  after keeping me waiting for FIVE MONTHS they then tell me that it will cost me the best part of £6000 to connect to the internet
THIS IS A JOKE
but apparently not,  they are serious about this
[Censored]
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Avoidance of the swear filter removed as per forum rule.
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: after a 5 month wait.......

Without knowing some more details about why this is the case, It's difficult to know what to suggest. Your previous thread only gives the impression that you may be some considerable distance from the exchange.
Do you have a working phone line at all? Is it free from noise and crackles?
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Is it really a Plusnet problem, or is it an infrastructure one, that would be down to an arm of BT? If the latter I can understand how large costs can arise.
OP: let us in to the secret, why the costs are so high and what needs be done! Smiley
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Anotherone
Champion

It's got to be an infrastructure problem, but it would be nice to know if he's got a working phone line without faults.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I see that my colleague has been working on this issue for you to try to get it sorted. I've seen the latest update on your ticket, and we'll action shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

All seems very quiet Undecided
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It's unfortunately true.
OP lives in a beautiful part of the country that unfortunately has very little infrastructure nearby. A couple of hundred metres of ducting and cabling would require installing to provide the line, and this would be subject to permission by the national park being granted to do the work.
Plusnet cover a proportion of all line installations should excess charges be deemed necessary. The rest is deferred over to the customer. Hope that this at least gives a bit of insight, as I'm not sure if OP will be back on the forums or not.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for that insight Matty. IIRC there are some OFCOM rules regarding the point upto which Openreach are not allowed to charge for the provision of a line in more remote areas, so I'll have to go and gen up for future reference Smiley
Edit: I don't suppose the OP is fortunate to have a good mobile signal either?  Sad