Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know when your good ISP

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You know when your good ISP

I have been with PlusNet for nearly ten years and every time I've had a problem it's turned into nightmare to get it fixed. My latest episode I asked for an intermittent fault with my broadband dropping when we used the phone looked at. Nothing drastic but annoying at times. I am now left with much lower speed and high SNR and seem to go round in circles trying to get it fixed.
The last time they sent an engineer to my house 14 times for which was clearly a exchange fault.  In between I spent 10 days in hospital after having a heart attack. How ISP,s deal with faults shows up the good from the bad. I've always given high marks for customer service in the past but I think I will have to revise that next time I'm asked.
22 REPLIES 22
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: You know when your good ISP

Hi glloyd,
I'm sorry you've found it difficult to get that issue dealt with, let me know if you need any further assistance.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Yes I do Adam, I need someone to go down to the exchange and put right what the plonker claims he did not do on Monday. Not a lot to ask for but nothing seems to be moving.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK,
The ticket is back with our faults team to look into that ASAP for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Thanks but nothing on the ticket so far.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Sorry for the delay with this. I've just given one of my colleagues a nudge to get that picked up. You should have an update shortly.
glloyd
Rising Star

My opinion has not changed. Instead of fixing the mess the exchange engineer made to my connect I get fobbed off with 
"Summary: Engineer has fixed digital noise issue and line is very stable however Target SNR and actual SNR is very high causing low speeds so E-chat agent decreased target from 15 to 9. Sync now over 15meg which is well above LTB and close to the 16meg estimate"
In other words "to bad I had a 17115 and SRN of 6 for two years that will do, he will have to settle for slower speeds"..
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, ticket 66389933 shows that we submitted an SNR reset to put it back to 6db yesterday, how have things been since then?
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Nothing changed Adam - I rebooted twice last night and again this morning and the SNR is still 9.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just submitted another one for you, SNR resets can occasionally fail unfortunately.
Let us know how things go with this one.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Still no change, still SNR 9. Getting a bit silly now.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your line is currently in the stabilisation period until 22/03/2013 so we wouldn't be able to make any further changes until this point.
Once this has been cleared, I'll put one through for you at 6db.
glloyd
Rising Star

Why in gods name have I been told TWICE over the past two days that a line reset had been put in place. Doesn't the right hand know what the left hand is doing at your outfit now. I was phoned on Wednesday, and it's on my ticket, that a line reset with a SNR 6 had been made and to reboot router in 4 hours. Then again yesterday on this thread by Adam.
glloyd
Rising Star

I'm pleased to say it looks as though everything is back to normal. But why should it have taken such a battle over two weeks when in the end it was all sorted in a couple of hours.
Customer service really need to get their act together so one hand knows what the other hand is doing.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm really sorry that it has taken so long to make a simple change.
I've spoken to my colleague Khurram regarding this and there was an issue on our suppliers systems which was not allowing the SNR Target to be changed, this is why any SNR Resets did not make a difference. Khurram spoke to our suppliers directly and got a manual change made for you.
This happens on a very, very rare occasion, and I am sorry that it happened on your connection and that it took so long for us to rectify.