cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another moan - no phone for over a month [UPDATE]

scottjo
Dabbler

Yet another moan - no phone for over a month [UPDATE]

If you are thinking of joining Plusnet. Don't! Use a competitor, use a couple of cans and a piece of string or semaphore as it would be quicker.
I don't like moaning, I really don't but I have had no end of problems. It really has been a diabolical service.
I had Plusnet activated mid December and the phone service was VERY noisy and the broadband was up and down on a regular basis. So I reported the issue between Christmas and the New Year. 2nd Jan, raised a ticket. Engineer visited within a couple of days. Great I thought. Nah. He disconnected the phone completely. Since then, my wife, who lives alone during the week is without a phone. Mobile is pretty non-existent. I call PN pretty much every day for an update only to be told they are waiting for OpenReach blah blah blah and the ticket is now on hold. What rubbish.
The only communication I have received from them this month is my bill!
I am so [Censored] off with all of this. I fancy taking them to court as this can't be right.
And relax...
Scotty
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rule.
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Yet another moan - no phone for over a month

Hi scottjo,
Sorry to hear about the delays to the fault being fixed. I can see straight away from reading the notes on ticket 117247368 that a lot of cable replacement work has needed to take place in order to get the issue resolved.
I can see we're overdue an update from our suppliers on the progress of this. As their systems are down at the moment I'll set myself a reminder to chase this up tomorrow for you.
I'll do all I can to push things along and make sure we're giving you clear and regular updates about this until it's been resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
julesandtash
Grafter

You have my sympathy. I have been suffering almost as badly.
23rd December my line goes down. Or rather, I have no dial tone, no ability to make incoming or outgoing calls and no router sync at all, but when people called my number, it rang in a house 1.5 miles away and closer to the exchange.
No broadband or internet over christmas which is fun when daughter gets a new tablet and no internet connectivity to use it!
Thank goodness for Three and their 4GB tethering alowance on their mobiles which myself and my wife have
Engineer cant come till the 29th due to Chistmas.
After the normal threats of £50 bills if the fault is in my house, Engineer turns up on the 29th
A quick check of my faceplate, oscillator connected and about an hour out of the house he comes back to say that the fault is underground near the exchange and is a crossed line (well I would never have guessed that)
Lots of toi-ng and fro-ing and a 7 day wait between booking an engineer and them turning up and finally, on the 17th January I have phone and broadband again so 25 days with no service at all
Just when I think all is well, I get home today to find router synced but no internet. There are also three messages on my answerphone, all for the person who lives at the house my line was crossed up with in December
At this point I didn't know about the BT outage. I do get Plusnet service announcement emails which I pick up on my phone so, had they announced the BT MSO, I would have known about it but it took them till after 7pm to send a message about that.
Whilst working out what has happened, my phone rings, and its a person wanting to speak to the lady who's line I was crossed up with in December. When I explain who I am he says "So they've done it again then, well aware of the near month we were in that situation.
So, at this point, connected back to my trusty mobile and having waited for nearly 30mins on the phone to no avail, I try the online chat and get though to an operator. I try explaining my issue and am told that BT line test tools are down (still no mention on the service status at this point)
I explain that the fault is a crossed line and the same fault as had only been fixed 17days ago
I am told that without a line test a fault cannot be raised.
I give the ticket number of the old ticket but still told that a fault cannot be raised until the BT systems are back online.
So here I am again, with a line crossed with somebody else, no fixed line broadband and I cant even get a ticket raised about it.
Frustrated doesn't even start to describe the situation. I have had six weeks of no phone or broadband in summer 2015, 25days with no phone or broadband December 2015 to January 2016 and now it' is down again.
scottjo
Dabbler

Well I was promised a call yesterday afternoon, so I chatted at about 4pm and was told that afternoon could be anything up to 8pm. Ok, personally I would call that evening, however that is nit-picking.
Did I get a call yesterday?  I will give you two guesses. You won't need one of them.
I understand that problems occur and I understand that sometimes issues are beyond the control of PN but it is the constant promises to make contact, provide timely updates and setting of expectations that are never met. As I said in my original post, the only contact I have had from PN is my monthly bill. That would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
Still thank you Adam for reading my rant and taking time to reply. I look forward to hearing from you.
scottjo
Dabbler

Re: Yet another moan - no phone for over a month [UPDATE]

Update !
Well no call has materialised, so, as usual, I thought I would call.
30 minutes on hold - 30 minutes! Not a great start.
go through the usual security details.
Sorry sir, no update and can't do anything.
I will pass it over to the fault team.
I was told on the 27th January that this had been passed to the fault team.
Perhaps the reason nothing is being done on the fault is that no one is looking at it.
Plusnet - ISP Providers at the OK Corral - bunch of cowboys.
scottjo
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi scottjo,
Sorry to hear about the delays to the fault being fixed. I can see straight away from reading the notes on ticket 117247368 that a lot of cable replacement work has needed to take place in order to get the issue resolved.
I can see we're overdue an update from our suppliers on the progress of this. As their systems are down at the moment I'll set myself a reminder to chase this up tomorrow for you.
I'll do all I can to push things along and make sure we're giving you clear and regular updates about this until it's been resolved.

Adam, I was expecting an update from you. I didn't receive one. Why? A clear and regular update to use your phrase would be nice.
scottjo
Dabbler

Day 37 of this fault...
And another update. I had a call from faults. Great stuff. The tree cutting that BT OR is required to do has been completed and an engineer will be on the way but he couldn't give me a date (or time) when that engineer may arrive.
Errrr. Either OR are lying to PN or PN is lying to me as the trees haven't been cut, no OR tree cutting team have been seen. So the engineer will appear (perhaps) and still do nothing as the tree is still impeding the line blah blah blah.
Yee ha
scottjo
Dabbler

Day 41 - fault still on going. Whats the record?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to see this is still ongoing.
I see this is now with our Customer Relations Team and your case handler is now providing regular updates.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RobRS
Grafter

41 days!! I thought I had it bad (day 15/16).
I think by this point I will of cancelled and had satellite broadband installed.