cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another engineer no show..

djscuba

Yet another engineer no show..

I signed up for plusnet fibre on 22nd October and chose an installation date of 13 November (3 weeks late). I chose a PM slot as this would beore convenient for myself as I finish work early some days. Within the 3 week windows I received an email from plusnet stating my appointment had now been change to an AM slot. Although I wasn't keen on using up holiday to get my Internet installed, I thought I would proceed with the new time to avoid having to make another appointment.
Guess what happened. Yep, sat waiting for 10 whole hours, 8am to 6pm for someone to show up and nothing. But it doesn't look like I'm the only one. What will it take for you guys to wake up and realise there is something incredibly broken with your processes? I'm shocked to have found so many other cases where this has happened, it's highlighted in numerous forums and review sites! I wish had I taken more time reading these complaints and I may have taken more time thinking before agreeing to use them!
I've tried calling them through the support 0800 number, but even that seems like a bit of a loss cause. I could only manage 40 minutes on hold until I gave up.
First impressions of plusnet are not positive!
4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Yet another engineer no show..

From a BT Help page:
Help
Phone Lines & Services Phone lines, Featureline & ISDN Business Phone line Order tracking

What happens if my engineer appointment is missed?

If an engineer appointment is missed, we'll contact you by text message, email or phone call to arrange another appointment
I seem to recall boss of Openreach reiterating this, but clearly not happening Cry
AndyH
Grafter

We need to find out whether the appointment was actually missed or if Plusnet did not place the order correctly/it failed (which is a fairly common issue on here).
djscuba

Quote from: Gel
From a BT Help page:
Help
Phone Lines & Services Phone lines, Featureline & ISDN Business Phone line Order tracking

What happens if my engineer appointment is missed?

If an engineer appointment is missed, we'll contact you by text message, email or phone call to arrange another appointment
I seem to recall boss of Openreach reiterating this, but clearly not happening Cry

As far as I'm aware I've had no contact from either Openreach or Plusnet to explain why no one turned up the appointment date and neither have contacted me to arrange a new date. Is this normal practice for the customer to chase? I thought Plusnet would be eager to set me up so I can pay for their service, but it doesn't feel like anyone is bothered.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: djscuba
I thought Plusnet would be eager to set me up so I can pay for their service, but it doesn't feel like anyone is bothered.

It's highly likely they will charge you anyway and then arrange a credit when the issues are resolved. Their billing system is so awful it can't cope with putting charges on hold while the service is unusable.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)