cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong move

Rubbish

Wrong move

Joined in November, since then all pain no gain.
£35 a month for speeds not reaching 2.5Mbps. Evening 500kbps-900kbps
Old ISP still charging me for their service, despite Plusnet saying the migration is pain free
All talk and no action as far as I am concerned.
Can't wait for my contract to finish and will definitely NOT be recommending Plusnet to anyone else, ever, in fact I will be discouraging anyone from considering Plusnet...
Absolute rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish............ Get the picture
Experts at taking my cash and that is it! No talk of any compensation or money back.
Big companies can get away with it with impunity.
I can feel a Watchdog email coming on!
9 REPLIES 9
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Wrong move

Unfortunately BT don't always notify an ISP when you migrate away so it's best to do this yourself or they could still try to charge you.
It's always a good idea to cancel the direct debit payment to your former ISP when you migrate - hopefully you were paying this way and not by credit/debit card.
Speak to your bank about reclaiming these payments.

whistler
Grafter

Quote from: nadger
Unfortunately BT don't always notify an ISP when you migrate away

How many times do we hear this?
In comms there's connection orientated and connection-less orientated protocols (google if needs be). Clearly ISPs and BT use the latter for doing an ISP switch. FGS ISPs and BT - wake up and use the former you muppets. It's not rocket science. After all your business IS communication - right?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and how on earth do you pay £35 per month?
Rubbish

1  Call charge for the period to 19/12/2009  £0.16  £0.02  £0.18 
1  Talk Anytime Line Rent charge for the period 19-12-2009 to 18-01-2010  £9.52  £1.43  £10.95 
1  Call Plan charge for the period 19-12-2009 to 18-01-2010  £4.35  £0.65  £5.00 
1  Premium charge for the period 19-12-2009 to 18-01-2010  £17.38  £2.61  £19.99 

Net Amount  £31.41 
VAT Amount @ 15%  £4.71 
Invoice Total  £36.12

nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: whistler
In comms there's connection orientated and connection-less orientated protocols (google if needs be). Clearly ISPs and BT use the latter for doing an ISP switch. FGS ISPs and BT - wake up and use the former you muppets. It's not rocket science. After all your business IS communication - right?
We all know what should happen but it doesn't so best to get on and and cover these points oneself - first person who should protect ones money and interests is oneself  Wink
As it is one of the only companies I've seen cancel a direct debit when one leaves is BT - happened when I switched phone to Plusnet.
mal0z
Grafter

I agree John - look after it yourself and don't assume the old supplier will cancel DD. If you use internet banking - it's easy to monitor which Standing orders and Direct Debits are in force.
But to be fair to Onetel, ( now part of TalkTalk ) when I changed landline from them to PN - I had no problems unlike others I've read about here.
My change from Tiscalli to PN for ADSL on the other hand gave me months of agony - as I had cancelled DD and they kept writing snotty letters.
nadger
Rising Star

Agree, Mal, that internet banking makes it very easy - I recently spotted that a dead DD had been resurrected so zapped it instantly.
On the forums I've seen the problems that people have had escaping from Tiscali ( not sorry name is now dead) - very pleased I got mac, from Pipex,  on the Friday 13th that Tiscali was announced as approved buyer  Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see that your fault has been picked up internally, I'll go and see if I can find out the latest on it for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It appears that your line has been put on a banded profile which our faults team are currently trying to get removed for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.