cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong certificate warning

Scribe
Grafter

Wrong certificate warning

Here's a strange thing - if I click on 'service status' at the bottom of the 'member centre' page, I get a 'wrong certificate warning,' however, if I go to the service status page via 'help and support' it's okay! It isn't a problem, but it looks like something might need a bit of tweaking!
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Wrong certificate warning

I don't seem to get that wherever I click it from.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yes, it seems to be fine for me too from here bu thanks for taking the time to post.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
picbits
Rising Star

Double check the time and date on your PC - incorrectly set this can throw up certificate errors.
Dom
Scribe
Grafter

No, not the clock or date, but on further investigation I think it's browser related. It shows up on Opera and Maxthon - 'Invalid certificate l.addthiscdn.com,' but seems to be okay on Firefox and Explorer. I don't know how long it's been like that though, 'cos connection is so good I hardly ever have any need to look at that page!!!
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I found where it's ended up in Firefox: in Tools -> Web Developer -> Error Console (presumably because it's from a bit of javascript)
[quote author="Error Console"]l.addthiscdn.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is only valid for the following names:
  *.addthisedge.com , addthisedge.com , *.addthis.com , addthis.com 
(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)