cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Service ever??

Superman911
Grafter

Worst Service ever??

Well, i've been pretty happy generally in the 3+ years ive been with plus.net until trying to move home, now its a new build so that adds a bit more difficulty, but i've never heard so many empty promises of call backs and updates. It seems thast its to much hard work compared to a standard home move.
They cut my internet and phone off a week early, which is perfect when you work from home!
Then there saying its will be another 6 weeks for a new line install, bringing a grand total of 10 weeks without internet and phone!!
Its actually a joke now.. RANT OVER!
Time to call TalkTalk, EE and Sky!
22 REPLIES 22
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Worst Service ever??

Hi Superman911,
I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing delays with your house move.
I've had a look into this and it seems like the planning work for the new line to be connected at your new property has been completed and we are due an update on 24/04/2014 from the new sites team to determine what work is now required.
I completely understand that this is a frustrating situation, however, when it comes to new builds there can be extensive delays depending on how much and what kind of work is required. I understand that you are wanting to cancel, however, most suppliers who operate with copper cabling will encounter this issue and therefore placing a new order with another company will not necessarily work out any faster. The only option I'd suggest is Virgin who do not use the cabling on the BT network but I can't guarantee that Virgin provide their services at your new address.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Linn, you haven't explained why the service to his existing home was cut off a week early.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: Superman911
Time to call TalkTalk, EE and Sky!

Those are three companies I'd seriously avoid.
TalkTalk are okay until you need customer service or technical support (personal experience).
Sky gave me huge amounts of hassle and lied numerous times - I've avoided them like the plague ever since.
Don't get me started on EE - I get a daily text for them saying they are trying to sort out my issue and haven't forgotten about me - occasionally this comes from T-Mobile or Orange but usually from EE. The problem was sorted a month ago but read their Facebook page for lots of insight into the issue customers are having with them.
Superman911
Grafter

Quote from: Linn
Hi Superman911,
I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing delays with your house move.
I've had a look into this and it seems like the planning work for the new line to be connected at your new property has been completed and we are due an update on 24/04/2014 from the new sites team to determine what work is now required.
I completely understand that this is a frustrating situation, however, when it comes to new builds there can be extensive delays depending on how much and what kind of work is required. I understand that you are wanting to cancel, however, most suppliers who operate with copper cabling will encounter this issue and therefore placing a new order with another company will not necessarily work out any faster. The only option I'd suggest is Virgin who do not use the cabling on the BT network but I can't guarantee that Virgin provide their services at your new address.

Yes but this doesn't explain, why... No call backs when promised, no updates, cutting the internet off early (Date of moved changed, i informed plus.net and they sent me a ticket acknowledging the date change, but still cut my internet off a week early)
It took 5 weeks to even get anything back from yourself constructive, excluding the 3 times you promised with in 24-48 hours you would have an appointment.. which again never happened!
Superman911
Grafter

Well again, plus.net let me down, i was promised today and update... but wait... they need to escalate it AGAIN...and i need to wait another 24 hours! Not happening
Superman911
Grafter

Thought it was time for a new update, again we are still in the loop here.
Been told multiple times in the last two weeks that BT have confirmed the work is done, then something else magically appears. It seems there are only a few members of staff in the call centre who actually understand BT's system, everyone else seems to want to pass the book. Its been a painful process so far. I need to raise a complaint but that in itself is adding more hassle to this whole thing.
Still getting the false promise of call backs, and every day it will be "Tomorrow"
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Superman911,
I'm very sorry to hear this is still ongoing.
I've had a word with my colleague in the Supplier Team who you've spoken to today. They've made me aware that they are now going to be chasing our suppliers again regarding this and that they confirmed that they'll give you a call back later on.
I'll be monitoring this for you and I have escalated Ticket: 85645722 to myself so that I can keep an eye out for any updates for you.
I will follow up with my colleague following her conversation with you later on today.
Superman911
Grafter

Well, Weeks have passed again,
Don't get me wrong plus.net have acted far better since i complained, however we are still no further forward. Its 12 weeks ago i requested the house move now! yeh thats right 12 WEEKS. and i've had no internet or services for 9 weeks! Pretty impressive really in todays world, 9 weeks without internet and the best part of 3 months waiting on a order. Seems BTOR make everything up as they go along, and everything is in 24-48 hours, which is quite amusing now.
Anyone taking bets on how many more weeks before we have internet?
Annoyingly i work from home a lot of the time, so i dread to calculate how much money the downtime has cost me i'd guess over £3,000 so far!
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Have any of your neighbours yet been connected to a landline? That might at least give you an indication as to whether or not your local cab is live.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

One wonders why your developer did not arrange with BTOR at the outset to get cables laid during the construction process?  This extended delay is down to a failure in the build planning process.  Only an idiot would wait until the houses were built and buyers were moved in to have the water / electricity connected.  Phone services are a fundamental service utility and should have been included as part of the build process, not an after thought.
You cannot reasonably blame a reselling CP/ISP for the lack of BTOR infrastructure.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Superman911
Grafter

Quote from: tijara33
Have any of your neighbours yet been connected to a landline? That might at least give you an indication as to whether or not your local cab is live.

Yes, 2 doors up have internet, and directly behind us have internet.
Quote from: Townman
One wonders why your developer did not arrange with BTOR at the outset to get cables laid during the construction process?  This extended delay is down to a failure in the build planning process.  Only an idiot would wait until the houses were built and buyers were moved in to have the water / electricity connected.  Phone services are a fundamental service utility and should have been included as part of the build process, not an after thought.
You cannot reasonably blame a reselling CP/ISP for the lack of BTOR infrastructure.

The cabling was all done before we moved in, and there is even cabling right in to the house all installed before we moved in. So the BTOR issue is nothing to do with the house builders, or other people in the street wouldn't have internet, we're all connected to the same cabinet, via the same cabling route (all via direct duct) So who do you blame?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Superman911,
I'm very sorry to see that this hasn't been resolved yet.
This is in hand with a member of our Complaints team and they are going to contact our suppliers again this afternoon. This will be personally dealt with by them from now so I would suggest updating Ticket: 85645722 instead of phoning in to our Support centre as they will not be as up to date on your situation as the complaints member of staff.
Superman911
Grafter

Quote from: Linn
Hi Superman911,
I'm very sorry to see that this hasn't been resolved yet.
This is in hand with a member of our Complaints team and they are going to contact our suppliers again this afternoon. This will be personally dealt with by them from now so I would suggest updating Ticket: 85645722 instead of phoning in to our Support centre as they will not be as up to date on your situation as the complaints member of staff.

Hi Linn,
No its still not resolved and no closer to been resolved by the sounds of it. Its just getting pushed from Pillar to Post! Even the compaint has been passed along to someone else now from you. I agree in regards to not contacting the call centre, yesterday the average wait was 1 hour!!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm very sorry of the wait times Sad We're still busy recruiting and training new staff in our new contact centre in Leeds and they improved for a while but they've increased again recently!
The complaint ticket is now in the right hands as they will be in the best position to continue to chase this for you.