cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worsening customer service from Plusnet.

pfgpowell
Dabbler

Worsening customer service from Plusnet.

Things seem to be going downhill at Plusnet Mansions and I'm not too chuffed. Several years ago BT bought Plusnet and I feared the worst, given that most of what BT turns its hand to turns to dust for the customer. But at first there seemed no change. Now there is and it is not at all encouraging.
I first joined Plusnet because it was voted one of the best ISPs by which magazine, not least for its customer service. That has now changed. Once you could report a fault online in the message system. That's been junked. Why? Economies, I suspect, though there's nothing to tell us why. Live chat is worse than useless. Quite apart from the delay in getting answers to your questions (I don't doubt the saps have to handle several callers at a time, so it isn't their fault), finally all they do is 'give you links' to elsewhere on the website. So all you can do is ring up and wait for a long time. It didn't used to be too bad, but now it is quite bad given that all those who reported faults online are also now having to ring up, adding to the numbers in the queue.
Over these past few months my fibre connection has been getting decidedly flakey, dropping off regularly for a minute or two about once every few minutes (or so it seems - though there should be no 'slow connection' message if you are on fibre optic).
I decided to report it and was encouraged to 'Ask Jess'. I did: ' want to report a fault', I asked, which is pretty sodding unambiguous. Jess reply? A link to a video about how I can 'improve my broadband connection'. What the fuck that's got to do with 'reporting a fault' I don't know. So - and I trust these forums are monitored by Plusnet - a word of advice: don't sh*t on your customers. There are plenty of ISPs out there still not owned by bloody BT who will want our custom. And don't rely on us staying because we think it will be 'too much hassle to change'. I find once you get to a certain level of frustration with a deteriorating service, nothing is too much trouble if you think it will improve things.
dick:red Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rules.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Worsening customer service from Plusnet.

A quick link to raising a broadband fault is https://faults.plus.net
The way to get there is via Help and Support http://www.plus.net/help/?home=helptop then Broadband then Troubleshooting Broadband Issues and click the appropriate one
Right at the bottom - Report a Broadband Fault
pfgpowell
Dabbler

OK, but why is it so damn difficult to negotiate to raising a fault on your website? Why not put those links you gave me prominently on the site marked 'Raise a fault'? Why go through this whole stupid Ask Jess charade which helps no one? It is worse than useless.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

And Oldjim is a customer just like you  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I didn't go via Ask Jess - I just followed the Help and Support Route
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

It is though a fair observation that reaching the point where one can actually raise the fault on line is a challenge.  I was assisting one of my referrals yesterday; as soon as the CHAT agent realised someone other than the account holder was doing the typing (he - knocking on 70 - was sat beside me) they stopped helping.  Now that's real customer service - not!
Working through the help pages (already done the self help stuff) to find the trouble-shooter is a real pain in the bum!  There needs to be easy to find links direct to the 'meat'.
Talking of which, it seems that the link to tickets has been obstructed - right now my link below does not work, I need to find a new one!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Or https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search&view_by=30days
I find it useful to check closed tickets, because quite often an important update is added by creating a new ticket an immediately closing it.