cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried about security

sandgrounder

Worried about security

I am a bit concerned to receive an email from PlusNet informing me that I have updated my authorised user details.
You've updated your authorised user details
"This is a confirmation that you've made a change to your authorised user details. This means that the people specified below are now able to discuss your account with our customer support team should they need to.
You currently have ************** stored as an authorised user. You're still able to add an additional user on your Plusnet account.
If you've not made these changes or you would like to make changes to your authorised user details, you can call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.
Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support"

Upon ringing them I find that somebody, who  I don't know,  has accessed my account & enquired about a different package. I have had them removed, but I am concerned that they were able to satisfy the security questions. ( I don't know what was asked). I was asked for the 1st & last letter of my password.  Nobody except me knows my password.  I was told that they could have given an address!  I am a bit bothered.
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Worried about security

I'm just looking into this for you now
[EDIT
It looks like the agent assigned the details on a wrong account. I've fed this back and we'll handle it internally.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sandgrounder

Re: Worried about security

Thank you for looking into this for me. I had phoned  about it earlier, (15 min wait with awful music).  Changed my password in the meantime to be on the safe side.
Cheers