cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish i'd read this forum before I ordered.

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Wish i'd read this forum before I ordered.

why have you all hi-jacked my thread

For a little light relief.  Cheesy However, I'm all done now, thanks for your web space.  Grin
Estragon
Rising Star

Did it matter, once your problem was solved?
And personally I find your opening post and your latest offensive.  They amount to unnecessary shouting.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: peterb99
Just in case you don't know.
You can get a 3 network SIM card from Samba mobile.  You then watch adverts and it builds up your free credit to use.
It costs £5 for the SIM (micro or normal) and that's it. It works fine in my old three dongle.
I watched a shed load of adverts when I first got it (just watched them on my laptop while watching TV) and built up 1GB of credit.  The beauty is that the 1GB doesn't expire ever (usually they drop off after 30 days).   I then just use the dongle when I'm out and about or if my internet at home goes down - its very useful (I ended up buying a 3 network WIFI device which works great with iPads, iPhones etc)
Pete

Fancy #FREE 3G broadband on the go? Use promo code NE199 and get @sambamobile for just £1.99

davegraham2013
Dabbler

Quote from: Estragon
And personally I find your opening post and your latest offensive.  They amount to unnecessary shouting.

Because the text was larger??  I have sight issues. 10pt as a default is far too small for me to see
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI it may help you to know that all the text on any given web page can be magnified using ctrl and either +/- keys or ctrl and scrolling the mouse wheel (if your mouse has one) should do the trick.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Estragon
Rising Star

I find that very hard to take with any real seriousness Dave, whatever your sight difficulties.
Of your five posts so far, the three large font ones have been when you wished to make a fuss or didn't like what someone else had posted, and the two normal ones have been in response to posts or events you found acceptable.
From that I conclude that your sight problems may be associated with red mist.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: davegraham2013

Because the text was larger??  I have sight issues. 10pt as a default is far too small for me to see

I find large text quite relaxing to read in a forum Smiley
mikko
Grafter

Me too. I think the large text should be the norm. "Shouting" would be capitals (upper case to the posh folks).
steveuk
Grafter

All capitals would be classed as shouting not large text Crazy and its been like this for years so why should it be any different now?
itsme
Grafter

Instead of increasing the text size why don't you use the zoom function. That way it will able you to read and post replies and maintaining the same size text.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I have sight issues.

In case you don't know (and I'm somewhat surprised if you don't) almost all computer systems have a whole range of facilities designed to assist people with various limitations including sight.
The tools with Windows are comprehensive and if you don't know what they are you should ask whoever supports you with your vision problems to arrange for an advisor to configure your PC to be as useable as possible.
The options mentioned above are just examples and may or may not be the correct solution for you. Someone who knows your specifics and what is available will be well-placed to assist.
davegraham2013
Dabbler

I find that very hard to take with any real seriousness Dave, whatever your sight difficulties.
Of your five posts so far, the three large font ones have been when you wished to make a fuss or didn't like what someone else had posted, and the two normal ones have been in response to posts or events you found acceptable.
From that I conclude that your sight problems may be associated with red mist.

Why are you bullying me in this issue?  Are you one of those trolls that we hear so much about, just posting for the sake of posting.?
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

To some extent I  have sympathies with Dave; and not all computer users know as many tricks as others. We all have skills and unskills. I often have to zoom a page given my AD CMXXXVI eyes, but simple using CTRL key down with presses of + sidebar.
I'm sure Estragon is not a bully though.
And welcome Dave! Smiley
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.