cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish I never decided to move - For newbies be wary

sbsdegb1
Grafter

Wish I never decided to move - For newbies be wary

Decided to move to PlusNet after hearing good things and due to them giving me an estimated speed faster than I currently had. Due to some BT cock up I have been without Broadband since 17th August. I was due to go live with PN on 31st August and I am still waiting. None of the support staff can tell me why I am not active. I have a support ticket that has been on going since 13:22 yesterday and I am still none the wiser. Ticket number is 34967740 if any support staff browse these forums.
I am thinking of leaving before I have even downloaded 1kb of data using their services. This is how unsatisfied I am.
Anyone else had issues with them. I know deep down that once I get connected I won't get the speed they estimated either. I was with F2S (Freedom to Surf) for the last 8 years and not one problem. The grass is always greener so they say. Well not here it isn't.
71 REPLIES 71
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Wish I never decided to move - For newbies be wary

Hi sbsdegb1,
I've been trying to get some answer as to what's going on for you. I'm afraid it'll be tomorrow morning before I can find out any more.
I know it is frustrating but I will do all I can to help you with this.
Jojo Smiley
bandashing
Dabbler

Only since the 17 august, I have been without broadband for nearly two months since deciding to switch to plusnet from sky still waiting
Good luck
sbsdegb1
Grafter

@bandashing ... I am not holding my breath. Still not heard anything from PN staff. Tried to search my line using my old provider and now it says I have something on my line that might prevent me getting Broadband. Maybe the new CEO is sat on it. But if BT are involved who knows. Perhaps its an engineers packed lunch.
TicnTac
Grafter

......please don't hold your breath, there would be a lot of dead people about if that was the case, Plusnet would certainly get in the head lines though  Roll_eyes
Your above comments just made me think Plusnet should be renamed to Motley Crew, 'cos,
It's the same ol', same ol' situation
It's the same ol', same ol' ball and chain 
Roll_eyes If I remember right, the song title was also known as S.O.S !!!  Roll_eyes
apologies to the rock reference that will probably have no bearing or memory recollection to most folk out there!  Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry if you feel like you're being left out ticntac you might want to have a look at your thread as I have responded: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88371.16.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sbsdegb1
Grafter

Adam while your looking at issues I have two tickets outstanding can you look at them or give someone a kick up the bum as I am losing the will to live. If I don't get some answers soon I am leaving. Maybe I will be the first customer to leave PN before I have even had a service provided.
34993529 (Raised by someone at PN and then obviously forgotten about)
and
34967740 (2 days old)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

sbsdegb1,
I may not be able to commit to helping you personally today, nothing personal, its just to do with my current work loads. But I will get somebody to have a look at this for you before the day is out.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sbsdegb1
Grafter

Thanks Adam
But to be honest mate I am getting to the end of my tether. If I haven't got any results by then end of play today then as far as I am concerned PN can poke their broadband where the sun doesn't shine. I work in IT so I don't need support people trying to fob me off with useless answers to my questions hoping I will go away. My router is showing DSL on my line. 8mb download (not the 15 PN estimated) but 8 is better than nowt at the moment. So the issue doesn't appear to be on the line or I wouldn't have a DSL signal. Therefore it must be PN.
My initail observation of Plus Net is :
PLUS NET is to broadband what Mira Hindley is to Babysitting.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As harsh as they maybe I appreciate your comments and the way you feel, we'll still help you as much as we can.
I've made our provisioning team leader aware of this ticket and he'll be assigning this to one of his team ASAP so you will get a response before the end of the day.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Sorry if you feel like you're being left out ticntac you might want to have a look at your thread as I have responded: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88371.16.html

Not feeling left out at all  Roll_eyes Just that the best way to defuse a situation is to humour it and type silly things, and give the odd okay and nod and helpful comments in the right place!  Undecided
Quote from: sbsdegb1

My initail observation of Plus Net is :
PLUS NET is to broadband what Mira Hindley is to Babysitting.

Yikes  Shocked just blame BT, it really IS ALL their fault!!!!  Smiley
Blame Plusnet for only employing a handful of staff who:
Care
Go above and beyond their call
Resolve & defuse situations
Follow problems through
Say sorry more than any other company
Chase things up so things actually get sorted
Empathise with the customer
So really it's All BT's fault, or is that Plusnet? Oh blame Labour instead  Wink

sbsdegb1
Grafter

Adam
Not meant to be harsh I am just fed up being given the run around. Told someone will call me and then they don't etc etc.
I appreciate any help you can give me. At least on here someone listens. I hope ?
TicnTac
Grafter

sbsdegb1
This is how daft it is, you have to come here to get anything done! Which means the whole world can see it, and see how bad things can be for good, new and loyal customers alike!
Roll_eyes
You'll get sorted, watch this space, well the one below this one  Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

sbsdegb1,
An agent is raising an escalation on this for you today, there is an issue with faulty tie pairs at the exchange and we're trying to bring the given date of the 7th (next tuesday) futher forwards if we can).
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sbsdegb1
Grafter

Ok thanks Adam
One quick thought that springs to mind is what happened to the working tie pairs that must have already been on the line from my previous ADSL. Or have some nasty elves at my exchange been messing about.