cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Mail set up

windows10mail

Windows 10 Mail set up

Upset Plusnet have removed the ability to ask questions via email.  I tried contacting them this way but was told in no uncertain terms that I had to use Live Chat.  Never yet obtained a solution from any site using this option and Plus Net were no exception where with the old system they had always sorted my problems.  I couldn't get Windows 10 mail to work and was finally told that there was no solution as Windows 10 don't have the option for inserting the necessary port numbers and that I would have to download a different app.
I've now found the solution so thought both Plus Net and Plus Net users would like to know that you input the port numbers by adding a colon and the number directly after the  incoming and outgoing server name eg. INCOMING SERVER imap.plus.net:143    and OUTGOING SERVER relay.plus.net:25
Previously I could only receive mail and now I can send mail too at long last.  I really feel Plus Net should have found this out for their customers it must have prompted many to switch their server to one that did work with Windows 10