cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why?!

mariek
Grafter

Why?!

Why have I received an email telling me that I am apporoaching my usage allowance and why not upgrade, when I am on an unlimited package?  Angry
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Why?!

Hi mariek,
I've just checked your account and can see that you're actually on Value which has a 10gb per month peak-time allowance. Do you want to change account type to extra? (in 60gb peak) otherwise if looks like you rarely exceed 10gb.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mariek
Grafter

Right, do we have to go through all this again?  Last year, despite being a customer since 2008, I was told that I would have to sign up for a minimum of 12 months to get the unlimited package (the simplified version, what actually happened was that you breached the statutory cooling off period but that's a long story).  Customer service were rude and unhelpful and I decided to leave Plusnet.  I requested my MAC code and was called by somebody more senior (and finally competent) who said that I had been misinformed and did not need to sign up for 12 months.  He apologised and gave me 3 months free by way of an apology.  Job done.  Everything set up.  The correct payment coming out of my account.  Now you're telling me something completely different.  Do I really have to dredge out every single email that was sent?
mariek
Grafter

Having looked at yor website for the first time in a year, the package I was given doesn't even seem to exist any more. 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've not offered an unlimited account type for a number of years now. According to ticket 30756360 on your account (which you can check yourself on our website) you changed from Broadband your way Option 1 (your original account type) just over a year ago.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mariek
Grafter

Embarrassed  I apologise profusely!  You're absolutely right.  We've never got near our limit before, so I had it in my head that it was unlimited.  Sorry! (although do stand by the other comments - I'm always happy to old my hands up if I'm wrong)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

mariek,
Don't worry about it, you can check details about your account such as this on our website if you're ever in doubt. Otherwise don't hesitate to contact support or the community on here if you have any questions.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

Dear oh dear, I thought this was going to be a topic I would've have started, times I've asked "why?" the only answer I've ever got is "Z"  Roll_eyes
Cry
Typical BTPN - another new protocol? OR BT&Plusnet combined to save typing? You decide Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

A simple issue nipped in the bud Tim Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

A simple issue nipped in the bud Tim

...oh for a simple bud to be nipped, or I think a bud to drink would be better