cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won’t plusnet admit they are BT

collins6072
Hooked

Why won’t plusnet admit they are BT

After having [-Censored-] broadband for three weeks and engineers failing to turn up finally got engineer out who managed to lose all extension lines when he replaced the master socket to try and fix B/B only to be told by plusnet not there problem and we would have to pay BT to fix it [-Censored-] !

17 REPLIES 17
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Why won’t plusnet admit they are BT

Internal wiring beyond the Master Socket has always been the customers responsibility.

That said, correct and working extension wiring should be replaced if OR replace the Master Socket - but if its a spiders web they are not obliged to.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@collins6072 

Reading between the lines your internal extension wiring, which is your responsibility, was stopping your broadband from working. The responsibility of the Openreach technician ended when they got broadband working up to the test socket located in the rear of your master socket. It is your responsibility to get someone who is competent to wire extensions so that they do not affect your broadband.

The question is, have you posted here to complain or do you have sufficient DIY skills to reconnect the extensions in such a way, if possible, to work without affecting your broadband and are looking for advice?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

collins6072
Hooked

As the broadband was working fine until BT decided to improve the line to fibre why do I have to repair their poor fix

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

BT would not 'decide to improve the line to fibre' - presumably you asked for an upgrade?

John
Baldrick1

@collins6072 wrote:

As the broadband was working fine until BT decided to improve the line to fibre why do I have to repair their poor fix

Let's take that as you've only come to complain.

Moderator and Customer

collins6072
Hooked

And is still hasn’t fixed the problem !

Baldrick1

@collins6072 

Let's start again.

If you've come to complain then this possibly isn't the best place. Most of the contributors here are fellow customers who give their time trying to help with issues that doesn't require access to your account. Plusnet staffers do come along but they are not a constant presence.

If you have a problem and seek advice then start by explaining your issue and telling us whether you are on ADSL or fibre, which Hub you have and what tests you have done to date. You might be surprised at the positive help/advice that you get.

Moderator and Customer

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

And add some pics of the wiring, that is giving you the problem.... to show anyone trying to help you to advise you the best way forward.

shutter
Community Veteran

5 hours since last post from the O.P.... Lips_are_sealed

( figure it can`t be "that" important" then....  ) UndecidedHuhUndecided

Baldrick1

@shutter 

Presumably here to sound off, not seek help.

Moderator and Customer

collins6072
Hooked

Having spent another hour on the phone to plusnet hopefully we have finally got the fault resolved after nearly 4 weeks.  Also believe it not we have lives and don’t sit on a forum all day waiting for any responses.  Having spent time on other types of forums I have found this one the least welcoming.  I thought you were here to help other users that have issues with plusnet but all I have felt is abused.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

With respect, @collins6072 , We can only help if you give us some idea of the problem, respond to questions, and to be honest, be a bit more helpful and less dismissive of the responses you get - none of those who have responded are Plusnet staff, merely customers like yourself, and none have mind-reading skills - or crystal balls.

John
Baldrick1

@collins6072 wrote:

...... I thought you were here to help other users that have issues with plusnet but all I have felt is abused.

Think of it more that contributors try to help those who seek help. Other times they simply respond to illogical abusive posts such as these  https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Why-won-t-plusnet-admit-they-are-BT/m-p/1811632#M8776...

Not being Plusnet staff contributors tend to say what they think without the ‘customer is always right’ niceties required by corporations.

Moderator and Customer

shutter
Community Veteran

@collins6072 wrote:

Having spent another hour on the phone to plusnet hopefully we have finally got the fault resolved after nearly 4 weeks.

So.... you have spoken to PlusNet.....   ( NOT B.T. )   and you "hopefully" have got the FAULT resolved....

(So the title of the thread was just "click bait" ... as, really, you had a fault on your connection ....... ) 

@collins6072 wrote:

Also believe it not we have lives and don’t sit on a forum all day waiting for any responses.

Nobody expects you to "sit on a forum all day".... and having had some responses, you failed to answer those responses.... ( even if you do have another life, there would probably have been time to "check in" and see if anyone had responded... it doesn`t take "that" long .......)...

and   then complain .

..@collins6072 wrote:

Having spent time on other types of forums I have found this one the least welcoming.

Perhaps, if you had responded to the queries, better, the problem you partly described, in your original post, would have elicited more helpful information for you to solve it quicker.

Nobody can help anyone, if they do not respond to the help that is offered by ignoring requests for more information,  from those who try to help

As others have mentioned.... we are customers.... the same as you.... we are nothing to do with Plusnet Support, and frequent these boards to help, if we can, voluntarily....

Looking back over the thread, ..... it`s title,.... and it`s content, do not seem to match up in any form...