Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why stay with plus net ?

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Why stay with plus net ?

I'm fairly sure it's only a loan of a router!
PlusNet always seem to be quite generous - if you've got the nerve to ask.  Smiley
Perhaps it's because it happened during the ADSL2+ trial - I made the point that it's necessary to find out how to learn
to handle problem situations as well as the successes.
(I've still got a working connection; it's just that it's limited to about 2Mbps instead of 9+Mbps).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mav
Fixes: 515

I second all the above reasons to stay and want to add...
The PN guys that visit these forums all appear genuinely interested in what they do and have an enthusiasm to support & care for their customers and resolve all issues which is rarely seen these days.
Their knowledge is second to none and, when the time comes, seem prepared to listen to, and even act on, our suggestions and rants here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MOGO
Grafter

I too signed up to the £3 off offer and now regret it, reoccuring speed problems (struggling to get 700kbps at present)
I've always appreciated PN support but like with a car there's no fun if you have to keep taking it back to the garage for repairs Roll_eyes
The_10th
Grafter

Understand your thinking @MOGO but if the problem is an exchange one moving ISP probably won't make much of a difference.
I just hope with the more and more popular iPlayer etc, that my speeds for surfing, email and gaming won't suffer at all.
mal0z
Grafter

One reason why you might consider staying with Plus net is that even on a Saturday, senior managers are replying to messages on forums.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73716.0/topicseen.html
kelcou

TBH I cannot recommend staying with PN enough. Of course, in these credit crunch times we all have to think of the pennies, but some things are well worth paying that little bit more for. And PN is one of those for me.
A bit like eggs really. Free range cost a little more but the quality is oh so much better than the cheap end of the market.
Whilst you can all argue the toss about speed [I can't include myself there, I'm way too much of a dumbie...] and other ISP's will advertise they are the bee's knee's [which is, after all, what advertising is for - it's not meant to be truthfull and honest!], the one constant throughout this thread is the incredibly high standard of customer service.
And it is exceptional and something PN can be proud of.
I have used both the online help and the phone help. Every time the people I've communicated with have been incredibly professional, very knowledgeable and happily patient with someone who has't got the foggiest, lol.
A big thumbs up to PlusNet - clearly in the organic and free range side of ISP's - and I would'nt advocate leaving.
Mind you, I did transfer from AOL...
Rae