cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my order taking so long??

leighonsea

Why is my order taking so long??

I ordered PlusNet Unlimited Fibre broadband and PlusNet Anytime on 22nd October and so far all I have received is a single welcome to PlusNet letter in the post! When I placed the order online I was given to understand I would be live this week but checking the status online (as I have done every day for over a week) it appears to be stuck on "running line check". I have received no "regular order updates" either by e-mail or text as promised.
Having neither the time or inclination to waste ages in a long queue to talk to someone about this on the phone I raised a ticket 4 days ago asking for an update and have received no response to that either.
As far as I am aware all the correct details have been provided to open the account including a MAC code from BT on which the clock is ticking before it expires.
From my experiences so far I am at a loss as to why Which? magazine have rated PlusNet's services so highly.
5 REPLIES 5
davidwalker900
Grafter

Re: Why is my order taking so long??

best tip ring them after 22.00 to midnight thats when the calls cuts down like less call in use this url to chack on the calls and limit on waiting on the phone http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats
leighonsea

Thanks for the good advice David. By coincidence that is exactly what I tried last night and managed to speak to someone in Sales after about 5 minutes (despite being told I was in a queue with a likely 15 minute wait).
Turns out that the MAC code I was given over the phone by BT was being rejected as one character was incorrect. Shame that nobody from PlusNet could bother to let me know about the problem as once I found out it was resolved in a few minutes. It will still be another 7-10 days before I eventually get migrated though.
If anyone else experiences a similar delay with their order I recommend you do not wait patiently like I did initially. The likelihood is that there is an issue that you have not been notified of.

davidwalker900
Grafter

leighonsea it can take more then that mine has been pushed up a other week and i got 12th now it is the 16th of this month
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi leighonsea,
I can see that's now booked in to migrate on the 19th, as you said the MAC key was invalid that you received and our systems hadn't flag this quick enough for us to pick up and action. This is something that we're looking to implement in the near future.
@davidwalker900
I can see you're online, I hope all is well.
davidwalker900
Grafter

its running like clock work all fast Smiley just waiting on my phone number to be transfered now it says the 25th