cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so difficult to raise a ticket?

justdave
Grafter

Why is it so difficult to raise a ticket?

I have looked everywhere on the site and it is almost impossible. I had to resort to the broadband troubleshooter.
All I wanted to do is report that my IP profile is incorrect, for some reason dropping to 32.8mbit instead of the usual 45 or so. I did a bt wholesale test and that showed that my sync is is around 42mbit at the moment, so the profile at your end is limiting my speeds.
One of the options on the trouble shooter asks about the line dropping, which doesnt have an option to say their isn't a sync issue despite choosing the performance option.
Frustrated.
Dave
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Why is it so difficult to raise a ticket?

Hi Dave,
Everything you need is behind the "Help & Support" button - see there under "Help Assistant" there is an "Ask a Question" link.
HTH,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gofaster
Rising Star

Yep - there is a link labelled "ask a question" but it takes you to a Whats your question about? page rather than letting you actually ask a question.
From there, if you select "Broadband speed" and then "I want to report a speed problem" it opens the Broadband troubleshooter which as the OP points out doesn't help.
The sneaky bit that many people don't notice is that while it is opening the troubleshooter page it is also updating the support page. So all you have to do is close the troubleshooter page and ta-da! there is the option you wanted all along
Sorry our suggestion didn't help
Please click one of the following.
    Go back and choose another option
    Ask the Support Team your question

<irony>Obvious isn't it</irony
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

...or click "more" and "other" takes you straight to the question box.
The secret in life is to avoid being guided by the system!  Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

justdave
Grafter

Ah thanks. They don't make it easy!