cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is PlusNet support so bad?

Batphone
Rising Star

Why is PlusNet support so bad?

Why is PlusNet support now so bad? Its almost as bad as BT!

We are currently having intermittent problems with dialing out on our line. I tried calling PlusNet - 30 mins wait time...

I tried the online troubleshooter which took me to a line test. This just stopped with 'OOps something has gone wrong....'. No indication as to whether it completed or what I was supposed to do next. I retried it with the same result.

I then contacted PlusNet via chat. After waiting a few minutes for the queue to go down from 17 callers, I finally was able to chat with someone. I was asked to unscrew the front plate while online. This I did being careful not to let the broadband part fall out. Plugged the phone into the so-called test socket (the front plate is just and extension of this socket) and got the same problem. Was asked to try the other phone and couldn't replicate the issue. Went back to the original corded phone and couldn't replicate the issue. At this point I just got cut off and presented with a survey. Needless to say I gave the lowest possible score. Once I'd closed the survey I noticed a couple of closing comments, which were "Ok i would advise to leave this plugged in  like this for the time being then see if the issue comes back from my testing i cannot find any faults". I cannot leave the socket in this semi-dissassembled state as the broadband part is loose and will fall out. As stated the issue is intermittent and unresolved.

The issue is intermittent and not resolved and I will now have to go through the whole charade again.

I would like some evidence that a test was actually conducted and what tests were done. I would also like an open support ticket until the issue is satisfactorily resolved.

I certainly did not expect to be cut off and left in limbo.

I was already considering it, but this will only expedite my move to another provider.

6 REPLIES 6
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Why is PlusNet support so bad?

@Batphone wrote:

Why is PlusNet support now so bad? Its almost as bad as BT!

surprised that a company that is owned by the other company shares common failings?

Batphone
Rising Star

Fair point and perhaps I shouldn't be. One of the reasons I joined them several years ago is that they actually had very good support. It seems that this has deteriorated considerably over the years though. I've just been on the 'Thinking of leaving...' page and a chat window popped up while I was reading the information there.  When I clicked on Chat it only offered me 'I am a business customer' as a subject....

I carried on regardless and am just in the process of getting transferred to the 'appropriate group'.

EDIT: Just to update this - perhaps persistence pays off. I managed to get in touch with someone the second time around and after discussing my contract was put through to support again. I now have an engineer booked and a support 'question' raised so a result. All of this has now taken nearly 3 hours though. Lets hope that the intermittent problem is evident when the engineer is here.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're experiencing a fault with your line.

We ask you to perform those checks to try to resolve the issue before calling out an engineer, as there are potential charges if the engineer finds the fault to be your internal wiring or equipment

Mind letting us know how the visit goes?

I can assure you that a line test was completed, because we'd be unable to arrange an engineer appt otherwise. In the instance of a phone fault, all we can do is run a copper line test via our suppliers WLR system.

This fault ticket will remain open until you're happy the situation is resolved.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Batphone
Rising Star

Anoush (or is it Gandalf?), thanks. I have confidence it was completed and the issue taken seriously the second time around because a support ticket was raised. I will be happy to let you know how the engineer visit went and yes, the issue of the charge was also mentioned by the second support person so I am aware of that. I did point out that I was a little nervous about that due to the intermittent nature of this fault which did occur while the corded handset was plugged into the so-called test socket, but it has ocurred with both at one time or other in recent days.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

It's Anoush, but when I fix things I can be Gandalf.

Sorry that the original agent didn't leave a ticket, happy to hear things are now in progress.

Fingers crossed it's fixed for you next week.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

The issues with the failures reported during the automated phone line test has already been escalated by the Superusers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.